Opinion about FJR purchase?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um...yur getting off topic boys..

I bought my 2005 with 24K on the clock from a dealer in 2010. I paid $6000. It was super clean, well maintained (I spoke with the previous owner), and included all stock accessories and a workshop manual.

Last week I bought a 2006. Not so well maintained, with dents and dings and needing a little tlc. I paid under $3000.

I observed/assisted working on Bob's 2007 at a tech session last year. If I could afford it and was looking for my first FJR, I'd certainly consider that bike.

Bottom line, there's a bunch of bikes out there. Don't jump until the deal is right. And yes, I'd look for a 2006 or later FJR as there were some decent improvements post 2005.

Good luck and welcome to the fold. Baz

Well, I went ahead and bought the 2003! Honestly it is everything I have wanted in a motorcycle. I paid $4k for it, and it is in nearly perfect condition with 16k miles. I was worried initially that it might have been sitting for a long time, but it runs so smoothly that it must have been stored properly... or it is going to completely fall apart on me!

I have probably 300 miles on in the last three days, and it rides so well that I have absolutely no regrets buying it! To be honest I have really been beating the p!$$ out of it! I really like the ergo's, and really couldn't be happier. I appreciate all of the input from you guys! Happy riding!
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well darn. Was really hoping you'd accept my offer, so that maybe after a short storage in my garage you might not notice the Ohlins was swapped for stock.
biggrin.png

Congrats and good luck on the new ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you got good tires under you. Not sure what the mfr date is on them, but you don't want old, hard, slippery tires.

Sticky is good...falling down, no good.