Options for pegs dragging?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BULLSHIT!!!

FJR owners are incredibly ingenuitive, technology progesses, people come up with new ideas, vendors come up with solutions, and new products come out all the time.

Starting new threads about old problems is not a bad thing and just because it was discussed in 2005 doesn't make it pointless to make a new thread. I did some searching and there's nothing that specifically answered my question. I also don't have hours of free time to file through 300 threads and hopefully find something that worked for someone else. Whatever, too much sand in my vag I guess.

FJR owners are incredibly ingenuitive, technology progesses, people come up with new ideas, vendors come up with solutions, and new products come out all the time.
Truer words have never been spoken! ....except I think its 'ingenious' and 'progressive'). Regardless, you have inspired us. I've solved your problem! With the right amount of helium you will NEVER drag a peg again!

41p5DZyZlsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gimp... Goggle search FJRForum whatever da fuk yer lookin for to cut down on unwanted crap.

But you knew this because, you have been here long enough to have heard it already .. Right?

Be nice boyz! Whadsa Matta Wid U anyway? You just jealous cause this guy can drag a lowered peg? :blink:

Put the pegs back to stock then sit on a thick phone book or pillow to correct the angle of your knees.

Be nice boyz! Whadsa Matta Wid U anyway? You just jealous cause this guy can drag a lowered peg? :blink:
Ah for shit sakes!! You are starting to sound like Odot.

Befriending the clueless noob who hasn't the sense to actually read and apply that, that has been advised.

Gimp dik

Put the pegs back to stock then sit on a thick phone book or pillow to correct the angle of your knees.
Am I drunk or does this make sense.
You're drunk...However, this does actually make sense. Unfortunately, I'm in the camp that recognizes that Auron has yet to find something NOT to gripe about. He had a ling list of bikes and one or more bitches about every one...I think the source of the complaining needs to be considered.

Auron, as far as the answers given, how do answers from 2005 not apply to now? This isn't nuclear science or magic...it is a motorcycle with the same frame today as it had in 2002. The principles of reducing peg drag are the same: DON'T lower the pegs, set the suspension correctly, and learn proper body position...this will help your peg dragging issue so you can find something else to bitch about.

Next he'll go to the Riders forum and post the same bitch or barely modified one under the guise of it being a different topic. He gets answers he doesn't like so they must be wrong, gets spanked, heads to the other forum, rinse and repeat.

It's starting to have the aroma of stink bait.

But some of the newer answers have the tint of excellent suggestions. Instead of phone books... if knee angle is the issue, then get a custom seat with a +1" or +2" increase in height. Put the OEM pegs back on and, viola, comfort without compromising the limited cornering clearance of a sport-touring bike.

Next he'll go to the Riders forum and post the same bitch or barely modified one under the guise of it being a different topic. He gets answers he doesn't like so they must be wrong, gets spanked, heads to the other forum, rinse and repeat.

It's starting to have the aroma of stink bait.

But some of the newer answers have the tint of excellent suggestions. Instead of phone books... if knee angle is the issue, then get a custom seat with a +1" or +2" increase in height. Put the OEM pegs back on and, viola, comfort without compromising the limited cornering clearance of a sport-touring bike.
+1, Gunny; very well spoken on both points Brother Bounce, Auron is definitely a Mister Stinky Bait and you provided a fully defined and thought out intellectual answer on that lean angle issue!

Maybe just call up Yamaha and tell them to weld up a new frame for you. One with higher clearance and higher seat height? That would take care of both problems...

Yes I'd try the pegs back up and a taller seat first, but if that doesn't work this would be an option.

Truer words have never been spoken! ....except I think its 'ingenious' and 'progressive'). Regardless, you have inspired us. I've solved your problem! With the right amount of helium you will NEVER drag a peg again!

41p5DZyZlsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Iggy your image accents my avatar nicely

I must be doing something wrong, I have never dragged a peg. I think I get thru the twisties pretty quick, I DO manage to have a great time, I have yet to get in to hot and splatter myself onto the pavement.

Maybe I need a peg lowering kit too?

I haven't been watching his other posts, nor have I been offended by his seeming criticism of my favorite bike. (Of course, it's my only bike, but that's beside the point.)

Over the years many people have complained that the FJR lacks cornering clearance. In stock trim, with megabuck suspensions, with light riders, heavy riders. Whatever. It don't lean as far as lots of folks want it to lean.

That only gets worse when you lower the pegs. If you've lowered the pegs, and you insist on leaving them lowered, then accept the limit on lean angle. Move your butt across the seat and lean your body to make up for it. I don't think the various states' DOTs are going to accomodate you with the clearance slots suggested earlier.

I've only dragged a peg once or twice, but I live in Florida. Well, there were two other times I dragged a peg, but those were on the way down from something else that was happening... see the two Crash Club icons in my sig. :)

This is basically what everyone said, and while some of them said it less graciously than others, you have no place to gripe about answers you didn't want to hear. Facts are facts, and they can't be changed. Lowered pegs will drag before unlowered pegs, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it other than reduce lean or unlower the pegs. It matters not that you want the third magic option.

I haven't been watching his other posts, nor have I been offended by his seeming criticism of my favorite bike. (Of course, it's my only bike, but that's beside the point.)

Over the years many people have complained that the FJR lacks cornering clearance. In stock trim, with megabuck suspensions, with light riders, heavy riders. Whatever. It don't lean as far as lots of folks want it to lean.

That only gets worse when you lower the pegs. If you've lowered the pegs, and you insist on leaving them lowered, then accept the limit on lean angle. Move your butt across the seat and lean your body to make up for it. I don't think the various states' DOTs are going to accomodate you with the clearance slots suggested earlier.

I've only dragged a peg once or twice, but I live in Florida. Well, there were two other times I dragged a peg, but those were on the way down from something else that was happening... see the two Crash Club icons in my sig. :)

This is basically what everyone said, and while some of them said it less graciously than others, you have no place to gripe about answers you didn't want to hear. Facts are facts, and they can't be changed. Lowered pegs will drag before unlowered pegs, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it other than reduce lean or unlower the pegs. It matters not that you want the third magic option.
Not one of your better rants. I give it a 2/10 on the Warchild Scale. BUT, on the Gentlemen of the Forum Scale,it's a clear 9.5 for its graciousness. Would have been a clear 9.9, or maybe even a 10, but dammit Walt, I had to take away something for the misspelling of accomodate. :rofl:

Not one of your better rants. I give it a 2/10 on the Warchild Scale. BUT, on the Gentlemen of the Forum Scale,it's a clear 9.5 for its graciousness. Would have been a clear 9.9, or maybe even a 10, but dammit Walt, I had to take away something for the misspelling of accomodate. :rofl:
Just what we fecking needed around here on our fine FJR Forum, a kinder-sweeter and gentler wfooshee! Just like the New Coke, who in the Holy Hell asked for it! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

BULLSHIT!!!

Starting new threads about old problems is not a bad thing and just because it was discussed in 2005 doesn't make it pointless to make a new thread. I did some searching and there's nothing that specifically answered my question. I also don't have hours of free time to file through 300 threads and hopefully find something that worked for someone else. Whatever, too much sand in my vag I guess.
Here's an idea; put the stock pegs back, (Or lose the larry lowering shit) crank up yer preload, and if you need more leg room, raise the seat, add an airhawk or get a custom seat. After market spings & suspension bits'll help too. (That's wut I did)

Or learn ta hang way off?

So there! :bleh: