Ordered a new seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjm204

Reaction score
Well after going to my local upholsterer and realizing it wasn't going to be very cost effective, i decided to look for a manufactured seat. I came across Top Saddlery and read some good reviews on FZ6forum. I took the plunge and ordered one after finding little to no information on here. Either it will be a good seat for me or it will be up in the classifieds and I will be ordering a day long. I'll keep you all posted when it arrives.

Cool. IIRC, we were talking about Top Saddlery a month or two ago wondering if anyone had tried them out. I too had read a lot about them in the FZ6 forums, lol. It'll be interesting to hear your report!

Just got my shipping notice from them, seems like good service so far. shipped in 12 hours. Says it will be here Tuesday. I'm a little nervous since there are really no reviews and the website isn't very descriptive but it sure looked good. They also looked great on the FZ6's. Just not sure I'm ready for a seat that will take away from the sporty look of the bike.

I do however, need to find a good passenger backrest. Garauld said he isn't making them right now.

I sent my seats into daylong..I should get them back this week. Im looking for a 2008 fjr rear seat, ANY CONDITION (i just need the seat pan) does anyone know where i can buy a used one. $250 new is a little to much for an experiment.

I sent my seats into daylong..I should get them back this week. Im looking for a 2008 fjr rear seat, ANY CONDITION (i just need the seat pan) does anyone know where i can buy a used one. $250 new is a little to much for an experiment.
Try e-Bay

got the seat. It was packed very well first off. The quality seems very good. Now I just need to try riding it.