Ordered my Staintunes today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwhd

Reaction score
I ordered Staintune cans for my '06A from exoticsportbike.com today. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'll post a report with photos here next week for those that might be interested.

They were $90 cheaper than anyone else that had them in stock.

They look okay, sound is nice with baffles in, better with them out.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I like the "strapless" look, but would worry about the durability of the weld, over time.

I like the "strapless" look, but would worry about the durability of the weld, over time.
Never known a weld to fail on these cans.

Staintune are a good company, one of the few in Aust that really back their product.

I know a guy that had a set of these mufflers for 4 years and one day decided to remove the baffles.

He couldn't undo the retaining screw on one can so he contacted Staintune.

They sent him a new set of cans and said for him to pack the old ones in the box and return them and Staintune picked up the freight cost.

Hoping to have the cans and gaskets arrive early next week. I made a baseline video with sound of the stockers. I'll post that plus the same with the tunes on when they're installed for those that would like to hear them.

Um...while price and customer service of exoticsportbike.com has been great, shipping quickly is not their strong suit. I finally have a tracking number and a delivery date of 3/6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping to have the cans and gaskets arrive early next week. I made a baseline video with sound of the stockers. I'll post that plus the same with the tunes on when they're installed for those that would like to hear them.
Um...while price and customer service of exoticsportbike.com has been great, shipping quickly is not their strong suit. I finally have a tracking number and a delivery date of 3/6.
Short version: Got'em, installed in 10 min., Love 'em!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Longer version: Packaged very well, look like works of art, installed (with new OEM gaskets) could not have been easier.

I've tried them in the garage and on the street both with the baffles in and out. One of the many great features is the removable baffle that comes out with one cap screw at the base of the outlet pipe. Small and easy to carry with you if you don't want them in.

With the baffles out, the pipes sound like pure gold. As you pass through 4K on the way to red line, perhaps the most viscerally satisfying mechanical sound I've ever heard :dribble: However, they're just a bit too loud for my daily commute this way.

With the baffles in, the pipes are just a tiny bit louder at idle than stock. On the road, still wonderful and still just a bit deeper and louder than stock but not intrusive at all.

Sound bites and pics to follow.

BMWhd,

Beside the Pipes and the gaskets is there anything to do to the bike regarding ECU or PowerCommander? Or is it a bolt on and go?

Looking forward to hearing the sound bites.

MJ

BMWhd,
Beside the Pipes and the gaskets is there anything to do to the bike regarding ECU or PowerCommander? Or is it a bolt on and go?

Looking forward to hearing the sound bites.

MJ
PowerCommander is always a good option when changing air flow (in or out) of a fuel injected bike but not required in this case. Just bolt on and go.

Now for the part that's going to get me in trouble: I swear these cans affected the 4100 RPM vibe zone in a positive way. I can't imagine how this would be possible but I swear it's true. Less vibes in my right mirror on the commute this morning. Go ahead, tell me I'm crazy :unsure:

Never known a weld to fail on these cans.
From the outside, the welds look superior to the OEM cans. Very nicely done.

You're gonna love em'. Had them on my 03' , and after 20,000+ miles they looked and sounded like the day I first installed them. PCIII not needed, but it will improve any FJR configuration out there.

OK, here are a couple of pics and a mpeg with the baffles out. Cheap digital camera sound but you can hear it. I didn't bother with making a clip with the baffles in as the sound is so close to stock that the camera can't pick out the difference. BTW, baffles are out for good now :dribble:

EDIT: Link to short .wmv version of vid.

Hear the 'Tunes!

StainTune_Side.JPG

Staintune_Back.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll recompress the file for you as soon as it finishes in a sec here...and I'm afraid you may get me to spend more money...hopefully not....

I use Video Studio most of the time for small stuff.

Link fixed - I forgot to allow this domain first :)