Ordered set of FZ1 mirrors / Mondak Motorsports

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fangjkf

Reaction score
Thought I'd pass along a couple of points.

1. Spoke to Gary McCoy on the phone. Pointed out to him that they have last two digits for phone number on the website transposed.

I called the phone number listed, kept getting message "This number has been disconnected...".

Looked up the phone number on https://www.anywho.com and it gave me the correct phone number: (406) 433-6635

He sounded very appreciative to have that pointed out so they could have it corrected quickly.

2. As others had mentioned, Gary had best price I had found for the mirrors. Local stealer-ship wanted some obscene amount; Gary's quote was $42.25 each.

Part # per recommendations from others here (so newbies like me stumbling around don't have to wander in the weeds like I usually do):

5LV-26280-00-00 left
5LV-26290-00-00 right

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Spoke to Gary McCoy on the phone. Pointed out to him that they have last two digits for phone number on the website transposed.

I called the phone number listed, kept getting message "This number has been disconnected...".

Looked up the phone number on https://www.anywho.com and it gave me the correct phone number: (406) 433-6635

He sounded very appreciative to have that pointed out so they could have it corrected quickly.

2. As others had mentioned, Gary had best price I had found for the mirrors. Local stealer-ship wanted some obscene amount; Gary's quote was $42.25 each.

Part # per recommendations from others here (so newbies like me stumbling around don't have to wander in the weeds like I usually do):

5LV-26280-00-00 left
5LV-26290-00-00 right

You won't be disapointed. They do look cool too.

I finally put some on this spring and what a difference! One of the best farkles you can do to the FJR.

Tom

It was EASY to install the FZ-1 mirrors on my 04. Remove the correct panels, remove the stock mirrors and install the FZ-1 mirrors. Not sure how it is on an 08 however.

Tom

Good catch on the incorrect phone number! I have always just e-mailed gary, so hadn't noticed the error.

Also note that you can call them on their dime at 866-433-6635

Doesn't get any better than that...

Don

Are these an easy install? Any extra parts needed?
Click and read....

Necessary?
For my '08, I installed Skyway's Soltek light mounts along with FZ1 mirrors. The mount kit came with the four necessary flanged mirror spacers. The spacers worked perfect.

Now I'm working on a '09 and wish to add only the FZ1 mirrors. I ordered and paid for a set of four FZ1 to Gen2 FJR mirror spacers from Skyway. I received a small plastic bag that contained 2 hex-head machine screws and two large metal bushings. Obviously someone packaged and shipped me the incorrect items. I have no idea what these would be used for. Skyway will not respond to my emails or phone calls to correct this mistake.

UPDATE 7/18/09: Skyway finally acknowledged my phone messages and sent the correct spacers. All is good.

I just popped the old mirrors off and put the new FZ1's on. No longer just looking at my elbows in the mirror.

As others have said, probably one of the best easy changes to make. Highly recommended.

I used the large Motofizz bag for the first time going to CFR.

I have to get some of these mirrors before I use it again.

I could barely see behind with the stock mirrors.

5LV-26280-00-00 left
5LV-26290-00-00 right

You won't be disapointed. They do look cool too.
I also got a set from gary over the winter. They are nice. But im still getting used to them.I do find my self looking where the old mirrors were and see nothing.. Dean B)

I put the FZ1 mirrors on my 04 after I got it and think that it was the best improvement I did to it. When I got the 08 it was one of the first farkles I performed on it. They do bolt on just like they did on my 04, but the mounts on the 08 stick up about 1/8" to 3/16" and unless you don't mind the rubber base on the mirror sticking up off the fairing, you have to grind them down or change them out with the skyway spacers. I ground mine down with a dremel tool. Looks much better.

GP

..... you have to grind them down or change them out with the skyway spacers. I ground mine down with a dremel tool. Looks much better.
I had to Dremel mine down too for a perfect fit. As I already posted, I paid for a set of Skyway spacers but received some useless screws instead.

UPDATE 7/18/09: Skyway made good on his shipping mistake and sent the mirror spacers. A little after the fact, but at least he came through.

I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and do this mod on my 04. The factory mirrors weren't great but tolerable on mine. Then I added the VStrom handgaurds which are visible in the mirrors.. in fact, they eat up about a quarter of the usable area!

Throw on my camping gear and I can't see diddly squat behind me. I'll try to score them locally, but if their out to lunch (and they will be) I'll give Gary a call.

Those mirrors are looking better and better to me. How much do they cost? :unsure:

Never mind! I saw the price!!

I bought my '07 in May a year ago and the FZ1 mirrors were the first modification I did. I have a 44" chest and couldn't see "anything" behind me unless I did contortions which my body. 24K miles later and still the best mod I've done.

I received a small plastic bag that contained 2 hex-head machine screws and two large metal bushings. Obviously someone packaged and shipped me the incorrect items. I have no idea what these would be used for.
You got windscreen spacers. Used to reduce the windscreen angle. Might not even work on your year of FJR.

I finally put some on this spring and what a difference! One of the best farkles you can do to the FJR.
Tom

Ditto. Don't know why I didn't do it sooner. See Toecutter's links above for Gen II tips. For Gen I, they fit perfect.

I picked mine up on eBay for $13. For the pair. Shipping included. They were used and slightly scuffed, but so slightly I didn't even bother to try and buff it out. It might be worth it to take a look if, you know, you're a cheap bastige like me. ;)