Osram Rallye 70/65W H4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emsjr

Reaction score
The folks at www.candlepowerinc.com recommended these bulbs, Osram Rallye 70/65W H4 and said the extra wattage won't overload the wiring. I am running the Phillips Xtreme Power bulbs now, which are OK, but the folks said these would even be better. I have seen many reviews on the OSRAM night breakers, but not these.

Any thoughts on the extra wattage would be good. I had a BMW before the FJR and I burned the sockets over time because of brighter, hotter bulbs. I don't want a repeat of that!

Thanks, Gene

The folks at www.candlepowerinc.com recommended these bulbs, Osram Rallye 70/65W H4 and said the extra wattage won't overload the wiring.
So the good folks and candlepowerinc offered to personally extend your YES warranty with their own written guarantee? Their claim they know what gauge wires and components are used in the FJR is very impressive.

Not.

You up the wattage you takes your chances.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I questioned them (candlepowerinc) for a long time and they said "many" have used them with no problems. I am hesitant from my BMW problems. Now granted the headlight on the LT had many issues, so I can't blame just the added bulb wattage, but I'm sure it didn't help. Any "real world" use of these bulb on the FJR would be great to hear about.

Gene

they said "many" have used them with no problems. ..... Any "real world" use of these bulb on the FJR would be great to hear about.
I used high wattage bulbs without any problems too! .....until I realized that there would eventually be problems as the wires and reflector are not up to the task of the increased watts, would become brittle, hot, and perhaps catch fire. It has been discussed many, many times before on the forum. Try searching on high wattage bulbs site:fjrforum.com and similar terms at Google.

I, like many others, went HID conversion as a far better solution in terms of cost, lumens produced, watts saved, and lack of pesky electrical fires or popped fuses. And some have even gone with aux HID setups to further impersonate landing wide-body airliners.

add one of these (like I did):

https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Products...ts/h4_kits.html

https://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/headlight-r...light-relay.htm

reflector wise...it does matter what the wattage of the new bulbs are and not exceeding the heat allowance of the headlight shell, whatever that is

running stock or a click up on the bulbs with the harness, I've had no problems and I percieve more light than before over the last 6 months or 15k miles

[SIZE=18pt]H4 Dual Headlight Relay Kit [/SIZE]

H4_dual.jpg