Other option for a tail trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Ride

Reaction score
Just recevied the Mutazu DMY series trunk. I saw the DMY Black Cherry Pearl and thought it

may match the new "Smoother" :rolleyes: 2007 Black Cherry color on my FJR.

It does It does It does :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: Click image to view larger picture.

It's a very close match I hope to get it mounted this weekend, if so I take more pic's. and do a show & tell on the install.

Check them out @ Custom Cycle Gear Inc.

Chuck

YES!!!!!Please SLOWRIDE.. Post some pics (Front, rear, Sides) of it on the 2007.... I too have been looking at my options for a rear trunk..without blowing a ton of cash for my 2007.\

THanks Again..

Ride safe...

YES!!!!!Please SLOWRIDE.. Post some pics (Front, rear, Sides) of it on the 2007.... I too have been looking at my options for a rear trunk..without blowing a ton of cash for my 2007.\
THanks Again..

Ride safe...
Hope to get it mounted this weekend, Fri-Sat. I'll be glad to post pic's.

To Scag; Quality is OK not outstanding buy any means. First look the hinges are good, the lock is not as good and I

don't think I'll be able to use the factory FJR locking cylinder. Wife likes the look of the backrest. Will need to make

a mounting plate, that will take the longest time to mount it though.

Will let everyone know more as time goes on.

Chuck

thought it may match the new "Smoother" 2007 Black Cherry color on my FJR.It does It does It does
Looking at the Mutzau website it lists the color as "HD Black Cherry Pearl" Does that mean our FJR "Black Cherry" matches HD??? Yikes!

This looks like it may be a good find. Thanks for the info.

thought it may match the new "Smoother" 2007 Black Cherry color on my FJR.It does It does It does
Looking at the Mutzau website it lists the color as "HD Black Cherry Pearl" Does that mean our FJR "Black Cherry" matches HD??? Yikes!

This looks like it may be a good find. Thanks for the info.

NO! NO! NO! HD must of copied the FJR color.

Looks like it is going to take a couple of days to fab a nice mount. Friend said he could

powder coat it :yahoo:

Hope to upload some pic's Sat.

Chuck

Pic's of the Trunk install;

What comes for your money

Bolts to be replaced with longer ones that came with trunk

Locking latch

Inside of trunk

Boards I used to determine how high to mount trunk

Trunk setting on bike

Measuring how high to make mount

Link for the trunk mount pattern

I plan on making a pattern for the bolt holes and placing the mount on the bike first, then mounting the trunk. B)

Hope this helps others if they decide to get a Mutazu tail trunk. :D

Once everything is on I'll post final pic's

Chuck

If you don't mind, get a pic outside from some distance back (showing whole bike from side). :)

Did you get their base plate rack as well? Or, are you just fabbing your own mount between the tank and the FJR? Thanks.

Thread hijack

To Scag;

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And now, back to your program...

Last edited by a moderator: