Our FJR Is In A Battle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twowheelnut

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
As you may know, I do some lurking over at ST.n and they've been having a March Madness Battle of the Bikes.

Final round is the FJR v. Triumph Sprint ST. We've whooped all comers so far, but we're losing right now and your vote counts! Don't let us fall from the mountaintop!

VOTE!

As you may know, I do some lurking over at ST.n and they've been having a March Madness Battle of the Bikes.
Final round is the FJR v. Triumph Sprint ST. We've whooped all comers so far, but we're losing right now and your vote counts! Don't let us fall from the mountaintop!

VOTE!

Just voted and posted bro'

Noticed that in the case of a tie the posts determine the winner......write a comment.

VOTE!

Just voted and posted bro'

Noticed that in the case of a tie the posts determine the winner......write a comment.
D'oh! Good point.

VOTE!
Vote cast. It's now tied at 28 each. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I am surprised that a Triumph is in the final round. I don't know enough about them to have an opinion on Triumphs but I don't see very many of them around. FJR sightings are rare and I see more FJRs than all Triumphs combined.

I am surprised that a Triumph is in the final round. I don't know enough about them to have an opinion on Triumphs but I don't see very many of them around. FJR sightings are rare and I see more FJRs than all Triumphs combined.
I see Tigers (they tend to stand out) and Sprints around. That may be because the our local Triumph dealer (also sells Ducs and Kaws) is a really great dealership.

I gave the Sprint a serious look about a year ago. I like it. It was a little cramped for my inseam and I decided that I really didn't want to go back to a life of chain maintenance. My riding is mostly back road commuting with an occasional LD rally and trips to one place or another, so the feejer makes more sense.

That said, I registered for sport-touring.net and will be adding another FJR vote once I activate my account.

56 to 41 with FJR in the lead as of this am. Thought the vote would be higher given about 5000 registered forum members...

Just for jollies I encourage people to vote their conscience :p

The new Sprint is supposed to be great, but it is not a proven platform. I'm surprised the ST model didn't get in there for Triumph, rather than the Sprint.

Edited....oops

Last edited by a moderator:
Please kill this thread, It's in the rules that specifically drumming up support on other boards than ST.N for bikes is grounds for disqualification.

Chris

Please kill this thread, It's in the rules that specifically drumming up support on other boards than ST.N for bikes is grounds for disqualification.
Chris
Kinda like an election in Chicago "vote early, vote often"

Chris
Kinda like an election in Chicago "vote early, vote often"
Yeah, I want to go back to Chicago when I retire so I can keep voting once I'm dead.

+1 on BugR's comment. Maybe I won't vote this year...

This poll on STN is for what???

It is a poll for STNers, that's nice, and good for them.

Major +1 to BugR.

Chris
And the ruling stands, sprint won by DQ. I guess it does matter how you win the game. Next time PM's might be in order, keeping it on the dl isn't a bad idea.

Well, it looks like I'll have to sell my FJR and buy a Sprint now....... :eek:

Actually, after looking at the Triumphs web site I like the Speed Triple best.

Just posted and the count is 78 to 52 in favor of the FJR. We need more votes.