Over Pants For The Daily Commute

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're looking for good customer service, call this place: Motogearoutlet. I got the Tourmaster Venture Pants (I think) from them and really enjoy them. They have a waterproof liner and a warmpth liner for those winter months. The only thing that annoys me is that the liners do not have the side zippers for putting the pants on over boots.
My friend has First-Gear pants that he really enjoys. I am thinking of going that route for ease of use. They seem easier to get in and out of than my tourmaster pants.
+1 on Motogearoutlet.

I got new Olympia Gear from them a couple weeks ago, and couldn't be happier.

BTW, the Olympia Airglide pants are great overpants, w/ full-length quality zippers, and a double-layer liner, for cold weather. The inner layer of both the shell and liner are mesh, which helps eliminate sweating.
+1 on the Oly airglide pants. they were the only ones I could find that had a reasonable waist with a long inseam (32w, 34length). I need every bit of the length or my pants cuffs just flap in the breeze and get wet/dirty. bought mine from the source for $189.

I have a pair of First Gear HT over pants. They are great, I ride an hour each way to work (45 miles). And they are great I bought them for the cold and for rain gear. They work great for both. I have also used them for long distance cold weather riding and have been very pleased.

And they come in tall sizes -- 40 tall worked great for me. My pant size is 40x36.

Only time I have gotten wet is in heavy rain if I don't get the velcro all sealed up around the side of my knee. Usually my fault for just being lazy.

I haven't used any others so I can't compare. They seemed better built than the Joe Rocket, Fieldsheer, and Tour Master stuff that the dealers had in stock when I bought them.

Brian

I'm using Olympia Air Glide overpants for my work commute.

I don't have anything to compare them to, but think they work as advertised and are very convenient.

I wear business slacks and button-down shirts for work.

I buy no iron work shirts which stay nice all day.

I wear boots on the bike, carry my bag liners into the office with me which contain my work shoes and whatever other work items I have with me.

The Olympia jacket and overpants stay in the panniers. Takes 3 minutes to get dressed and get riding!