Owner for one week --- report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebike

Reaction score
I took delivery a on the 26th of April and I had my first service done yesterday. I now have 650 miles on the bike. I love it :yahoo: it is stable and seems to roll through the turns without effort. There has been much said about its speed and power and it is all true --- WOW!! And I am not even letting it go yet.

It has cost me a few dollars on modifications--- OES (blue) frame sliders -- cramp buster -- add on throttle lock - Slip-stream radar detector mount.

I had a Zumo 550 it i mounted and I had a Beltronics Vector 985 radar detector (also mounted )

I am considering a new windshield but still figuring if it is needed and which one if I decide I need one

------------

First TRIP on it this coming week

------------

On Wed I will head north out of Florida heading to Toccoa GA... next day onto some friends in Kingston TN via Wayah rd and the Cherahola --- next day back to Toccoa via the Dragon and Hellbender...... fourth day ... route to be determined riding with my friend from Toccoa (he has an ST1300) ... then fifth day back to Ocala. all toll about a 1,300 mile trip

I will take some pics and post a report -- which web site for photo hosting works best with this site??

in closing ----

I LOVE MY FJR..... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Update your profile to show your bike... :rolleyes:

Oh, that's right, there is no such thing as a 2012 on this forum LOL I had a chance to ride a 2012 today, and they are smooth. I'll bet you haven't lofted the front wheel and hit the rev limiter on yours yet. :lol: They are even smoother and faster when you do. :yahoo:

Update your profile to show your bike... :rolleyes:

Oh, that's right, there is no such thing as a 2012 on this forum LOL I had a chance to ride a 2012 today, and they are smooth. I'll bet you haven't lofted the front wheel and hit the rev limiter on yours yet. :lol: They are even smoother and faster when you do. :yahoo:
Since the 2012 is not yet a choice... I did put it in my signature.

And not to redline yet...... also will it lift the front end without plying the clutch?? :eek:

I think you may need to edit your profile to enable your signature. That's if you've time when you're not riding!

I think you may need to edit your profile to enable your signature. That's if you've time when you're not riding!
i think I have it fixed now....still learning the ropes of this forum
unsure.gif