Oxtar Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnCaged

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a pair of these for when I ride to work in the summer, I think they have about as much protection as you can get in a low riding style boot.

For long trips it's all about the Sidi's (SidiAir) Anyway is Oxter a good brand or what?

Click here to see em

On Sale at new enough for $119 :D

UnCaged

I just got a pair of Vega Nitro Matrix boots ,,look similar,, mine were wholesale,,$32.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway is Oxter a good brand or what?
Oxtar makes an outstanding boot, but I dunno that that particular Jupiter model... :lol:

IMO, the Oxtars to have are the Oxtar Matrix Gore-Tex. These boots kick serious ass, and unlike the Jupiter booties, the Matrix has decent ankle-bone and shin protection.

44_big.jpg

I've been wearing the Matrix boots for almost two years now. They are still waterproof as hell, yet breathable in triple-digit ambient temps.

I got a pair of Oxtar Matrix Gore -Tex and I love them very comfy right off the bat.

Two thumbs up.

Dan.

IMO, the Oxtars to have are the Oxtar Matrix Gore-Tex. These boots kick serious ass
And only $165.00 at NewEnough.com :D
Matrix for me too. And mine were $139 on sale at New Enough when I got 'em over a year ago.

WELL worth what they're going for these days. Extremely comfy and completely waterproof.

Haven't tried mine in too much triple digits, but I DO know they work down to around 35 degrees before your feet start to feel cold. It's been in the 90's here lately, and they feel just fine too.

I'll confirm on the Oxtar Matrix. Bought 'em kinda by accident on a smokin' deal at Newenough.com. I wear 14's so it's not often I find a size that fits and they fit great! Can't imagine riding now in anything but them.

I wear them in 25 degree night rides with wool socks and in 100 degree weather with bootie socks. Never, ever been wet in them.

I also wear the Oxtar Matix boots... very comfortable and big-time water-proof. One thing to consider, the heat off of the left side of the engine may bother you with a short boot.

Thanks ya'll for the great responses, I took a 2nd look at the Oxtar Matrix Boots, they do sound nice, at first look, they seem to hot, like the Roam boots I had. for summer riding anyway! but ya'll say their ok in the hot weather to? sounds good to me! :D

I have a Question though on the Sizing.

My old boots were 44(us 9.5) I notice on the Oxter page there calling size 44 a us 10.5? I have my old boots here there Alpinestar roam, they say us 9.5 and Euro 44. Did any of you have problems with sizing? (my Alpinestars are wearing out I need a new pair)

Thanks once again

UnCaged

Another vote for the Matrix here. Roughly a year in mine and still holding up well.

Mike

My old boots were 44(us 9.5) I notice on the Oxter page there calling size 44 a us 10.5? I have my old boots here there Alpinestar roam, they say us 9.5 and Euro 44. Did any of you have problems with sizing?
I got the Oxtar (Matrix) size 44 and I'd call it a loose fit US size 10.5, which is my normal size. I assume the Oxtar (Jupiter) model sizing line would run the same.

Boot sizing drives you nuts. I just got a pair of work boots from La Sportiva, (Thunder GTX) which are 44.5 and they are slightly tighter than the Oxtar 44. Go figure.

BTW, I was really pleased with New Enough service, you might check their policy on returns if you do get the wrong size.

I can actually give two votes for the Oxtar Matrix boots. Myself and one of the guys I rode with at the SW-FOG this June. Great boots, comfortable, water-proof and a fair price. Get them! :D

I can't say enough good things about these Oxtar Matrix boots I have...absolute best boot I've ever worn. When I got mine, the distributor advised me to order them about 1/2 size larger than I normally wear ( in U.S. sizing ). I did and they fit me perfectly.

Me too. Love my Oxtar Matrix boots. Mine were a gift and they are my true size. I think I would have liked them a half size bigger when I first started wearing them, but they seem to have broke in and adapted to my foot (maybe other way around). If I was ordering them, I'd go a half size larger than normal shoe/boot.

I just spent 3 consecutive days in them- 90+ sunny to drenching rain conditions. Never felt any boot related discomfort.

Highly recommended.

FJReady

I've got Oxtar Jupiters and I like them.

I first ordered the matrix boots, but realized that I couldn't get a good fit into that zipper boot because:

1) I have a high instep, and

2) more mainly because I had an ankle injury from that dangerous sport - yes, volleyball- and my right foot evidently has some permanent swelling in it despite all the rehab work.

The fact that the jupiters are lace-up boots allows me to lace the 2 boots differently.

1st choice was matrix, but I like and will ride with my oxtar jupiters.

I have the Oxtar Matrix Gore Tex too. The are very comfortable. I bought them from New Enough after seeing a very positive review in Motorcycle Consumer News.

My size 43 is just a little too small for my 9.5-10 size foot. Next time I'll get the 44. Still, they are the most comfortable motorcycle boots I have ever owned.

Ron