Paint Protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I have seen many types of protection for the tanks. However, I am not having a problem with the tank being scratched. The plastic piece under the tank where my knees tend to touch is what gets scratched. Does anyone know of a product that covers this section?

On a side note, you can link to the protection you use for the tank. I am in the market for these items also. I kind of link the single piece unit that wraps around the rear and sides of the tanks. But, I have not found the vendor yet. So many out there, but hard to find many of them. I see some cool ones in pics in other threads related to something else.

Thank you,

So, I have seen many types of protection for the tanks. However, I am not having a problem with the tank being scratched. The plastic piece under the tank where my knees tend to touch is what gets scratched. Does anyone know of a product that covers this section?
On a side note, you can link to the protection you use for the tank. I am in the market for these items also. I kind of link the single piece unit that wraps around the rear and sides of the tanks. But, I have not found the vendor yet. So many out there, but hard to find many of them. I see some cool ones in pics in other threads related to something else.

Thank you,
I use the mag-knight tank protector. It has worked well on my o4. I use the tankslapper stuff for my lower plastic pieces.

mag-knight

I use the mag-Knight too, and it works really well. I wear pretty coarse textile riding overpants and I was concerned but not a mark from them.

I also use the Mag-Knight . I can't give it enough praise. Easy to install. Easy to remove when cleaning the bike. Looks and works great. Doesn't get better than that.......

I use the mag-knight tank protector. It has worked well on my o4. I use the tankslapper stuff for my lower plastic pieces.
mag-knight
Thank you,

That tankslapper looks like it will fit the bill.
If you haven't bought one yet I have one in blue that has never been on the bike that I'd be willing to part with. A Mag-Knight. I also have the piece that goes around the gas cap.

If you haven't bought one yet I have one in blue that has never been on the bike that I'd be willing to part with. A Mag-Knight. I also have the piece that goes around the gas cap.
How does it happen that you decided not to use it? Is the color off, ?

Inquiring minds and all that....

Don

You can try Meguiar's Scratch X to remove scratches. I know this is not what you are looking for but it may help ease any pain from seeing the scratches. When removing the side fairing I wasn't paying attention and let it fall onto the gravel which put scratches on it. It took some elbow grease & scratch x but the scratches are now gone.