Painting Bike - Color Opinons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the factory desert sand. AVAILABLE IN ONLY THE REST OF THE WORLD :angry2:

Or maybe score some of the mystic paint used on mustang GT's a while back. then the color would change as the viewing angle did.

Red Rocks!!!!

Man if ever there was a perfect thread fer odot, This has to be it. Anyone care to venture a guess what color he'd like????

starts with P

:jester:

The desert metallic was a kick ass color...my first choice...but as is Yamaha's wish I will get no choice and like it... <_<

Well, I probably won't be subscribing to a picture hosting service.

If you really want to see pics in white, luckydog, then pm me an email address and I'll send you some.

I will say this, there are a lot of pieces to paint on this bike. You don't quite realize how many until you

break it down for paint. Anyway, I did have the pleasure of getting rid of the stick on yammi markings

on the tank and front, and the reflectors on the bags.

I have almost all the plastic off and in my garage, you have no idea how dirty it gets behind that sexy exterior. I also can't beleive how many parts I have to get painted, I am sure my painter is going to love me.... I am really leaning towards a yellow, or pearl yellow but just can't make up my mind - i love that orange but realize that it's a color that might get pretty old pretty fast.

I have also decided to install Cruise Control and heated grips while my bike is down, I still need to search around for the 'how to' but I can't wait to get my "new" old bike up and running again.

Luckydog.

I have almost all the plastic off and in my garage, you have no idea how dirty it gets behind that sexy exterior. I also can't beleive how many parts I have to get painted, I am sure my painter is going to love me.... I am really leaning towards a yellow, or pearl yellow but just can't make up my mind - i love that orange but realize that it's a color that might get pretty old pretty fast.
I have also decided to install Cruise Control and heated grips while my bike is down, I still need to search around for the 'how to' but I can't wait to get my "new" old bike up and running again.

Luckydog.

I almost went with 'House of Kolor' Kandy lime green I think it was, but the test panels we painted just didn't look that good. It was really really yellow.

I have both the cruise and hg's on mine, if yours is an abs model, I can tell you how to fit the servo under the seat using the parts included.

Had to light the grips up last time I rode, this will be their third season, and they still work! The cruise is heaven on the long rides.

You should be able to find the non-abs procedure for the cruise on fjrtech.com under the 'farkles' link.

EDIT: sorry, seems that I lied.

try: https://www.fjr1300.info/howto/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg send me the pictures of his pearlwhite FJR to provide them to you. Here they are:

FJR-pearlwhite_1.jpg

FJR-pearlwhite_2.jpg

FJR-pearlwhite_3.jpg

I saw one of these rare bikes in person, the color was just beautiful, and it glows more orange red in the sun.

Aprilia Futura

Aprilia%20Futura.jpg

Sorry, but to me that white Feejer is just wrong.

It looks like a police bike that hasn't yet gotten the rest of the paint job.

The best yellow color I've seen is Pearl Yellow from the Honda GL 1800 GoldWings. It looks awesome in the sun and it really stands out on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but to me that white Feejer is just wrong. It looks like a police bike that hasn't yet gotten the rest of the paint job.
Wasn't my intent when I painted it, BUT I do have days where people just move out of my way.

There were alot of ST coppers around here this summer, so I do think some people mistake

me as such. I just need a white helmet... ah, I'd probably get shot.

Nothing quite like coming down a road and having people pull over and let you by....

The bike almost got painted candy lime gold, but the test panels just didn't look good.

The pics do not show the pearl, it just doesn't really show up in the pics, but it glows gold

in the sun.

The main point of the paint job was to get a color that didn't already exist in the fjr world.

Besides that, I live in Texas, where you want to stay away from the dark colors.