Park-n-Move Centerstand Dolly: Good purchase?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually have one on the way, so should be able to provide some feedback in a few weeks. Just from what I've read and seen, if it works half as good as they say/show it does it will be money well spent.

Saw one at the Progressive show a few years back. I don't remember what bike they were using to demo it but I was very impressed. I even remember posting about it here back then. A couple years later, a friend bought one for his FJR. He couldn't get the bike up on it. I tried. I couldn't get the bike up on the damn thing either, not without a hell of a lot of fooling with ramps and elevating the back wheel on 2x4's and so on. We both came very close to dropping the bike more than once while monkeying with it. It was really just too much effort to justify the purchase, IMO. Some bikes, absolutely. The FJR, not so much. And of course, YMMV.

JamesK, good luck and let us know what you find.

Mike, I considered this possible problem, at least with the pre-Gen III center stand design so I expect it would be a bit troublesome but I figured the platform/base of the Park-N-Move should not be much higher than the board (which is around 1.5cm thick) I place under my center stand when changing wheels/tires. I'm still able to get the FJR on the center stand with that under it so hoping the PnM will not be much different.

I picked one up last year and find It very helpful. I have no problem getting my 2013 on the stand. Once on the stand it is easier to move it around. I only use it for winter storage or if I need to move the FJR around the garage. I would find it a pain for daily use

What I don't like is the locks on the wheels. The thumbscrews are not very ease to use and kind of a pain. A lever type wheel lock would be helpful. I plan to make two wedges to put on both sides of the dolly so I will not need to use the thumbscrews to push the bike off.

I would recommend it to friends.

I have had one for a while now and I mainly use it for winter storage and ease of moving the FJR around the garage. Mine is a 2 piece one of the early versions. Not a big issue getting the FJR up onto it.

Had four at one point when I had 6 bikes in a one car garage. They work very well. Have a large shop now so I have one. I use it for a friends hanger queen.

Canadians can get a deal on these from Admore in Calgary. I was gonna go for one, but that's a shit load of dinero. Saw some guy made himself plank on a turntable for $45 Cdn. That's more in my budget. So far, 3 of my motorcycles have entered the garage, none have ever come out.

Any of you guys use one on a rough surface? My old concrete garage floor is pretty rough but all their videos show nice smooth floors. Just wondering how easy it would roll.

Canadians can get a deal on these from Admore in Calgary. I was gonna go for one, but that's a shit load of dinero. Saw some guy made himself plank on a turntable for $45 Cdn. That's more in my budget. So far, 3 of my motorcycles have entered the garage, none have ever come out.
With a winter like this, you're lucky you can even FIND your garage!

With a winter like this, you're lucky you can even FIND your garage!
True dat.

I can find it, but it's frost heaved so badly I can barely get either of the garage doors open. Frost went down 11 *FEET* this year!

Any of you guys use one on a rough surface? My old concrete garage floor is pretty rough but all their videos show nice smooth floors. Just wondering how easy it would roll.
It will be a pain in the arse on a rough floor.

I have one and love it. It is not very hard to put on stand and rolls well. It enables me to get bike close to wall during the winter.

I've owned one for years and it is pretty handy.

After sometime, I did have a wheel (the hard tire itself) come apart on it. They sent me new wheels, no questions asked.

Excellent customer service.

My experience pretty much the same.. Not good on rough floors. Needs better wheel locks. And, hard/impossible for me, a weak, short, senior citizen to put on center stand (that is the purpose after all.) That said, once up it works well and is really nice to be able to move the FJR around in the garage. I will figure out "fixes" for it's shortcomings (and mine) and will love it eventually!

My experience pretty much the same.. Not good on rough floors. Needs better wheel locks. And, hard/impossible for me, a weak, short, senior citizen to put on center stand (that is the purpose after all.) That said, once up it works well and is really nice to be able to move the FJR around in the garage. I will figure out "fixes" for it's shortcomings (and mine) and will love it eventually!
I understand that the Gen 3 center stand has been redesigned to make it much easier to get the FJR up on the stand, maybe worth considering upgrading to the Gen 3 center stand if you're having problems with the previous design?

It will be a pain in the arse on a rough floor.

My experience pretty much the same.. Not good on rough floors.
That's what I was afraid of. Could see rolling it into a dimple or high-spot then feeling the bike shift on the plate or worse. Thanks.