Park-n-Move Centerstand Dolly: Good purchase?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you guys use one on a rough surface? My old concrete garage floor is pretty rough but all their videos show nice smooth floors. Just wondering how easy it would roll.
It will be a pain in the arse on a rough floor.

My experience pretty much the same.. Not good on rough floors.
That's what I was afraid of. Could see rolling it into a dimple or high-spot then feeling the bike shift on the plate or worse. Thanks.
You have to push the bike hard enough to get it off the centerstand first before it'll come off the unit. As I re-call, the feet on the CC are pretty much up against the "Legs" of the P&M. BTW, one leg of the P&M is offset sightly inward to allow for the CC foot lever to fit.

Re the slightly taller height vs the floor and the additional force needed to get it on the CC on the unit.

If you roll the bike and get the front or rear tire on a piece of plywood, that alone raises the whole bike making it easier to get it atop the Park and Move.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Park-n-Move dolly works very, very well & is solidly built. The only thing they chinsed out on are the thumb screws that are used to lock the casters when moving the bike off the center stand. They should have used casters that have step-on pivot locks that are used on most industrial carts / dollys. I give this product a thumbs up incase anyone is considering buying one.

The Park-n-Move dolly works very, very well & is solidly built. The only thing they chinsed out on are the thumb screws that are used to lock the casters when moving the bike off the center stand. They should have used casters that have step-on pivot locks that are used on most industrial carts / dollys. I give this product a thumbs up incase anyone is considering buying one.
My older unit has the foot lock/release on each side of each wheel. There are absolutly, no thumb screws on my unit.

I just looked on the web site and it appeared to be the same style. Maybe they added them to rub into the

floor??

Just saw this posted on FJRiders. Much cheaper than a P&M, but it doesn't have all the benefits of that one either, since you can't roll the bike around inside the garage once it's on the stand. I don't know, but it looks like it might be easier to get your FJR up onto this stand than the P&M. But if you just want to be able to go in and come back out going forward, this might be a decent alternative. Or buy a Gold Wing. They have a Reverse gear.

51c3dyUFCEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just saw this posted on FJRiders. Much cheaper than a P&M, but it doesn't have all the benefits of that one either, since you can't roll the bike around inside the garage once it's on the stand. I don't know, but it looks like it might be easier to get your FJR up onto this stand than the P&M. But if you just want to be able to go in and come back out going forward, this might be a decent alternative. Or buy a Gold Wing. They have a Reverse gear.
51c3dyUFCEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
wouldn't it be too high off the floor after you mount wooden or metal plate to it? The Park n Move is very close to the ground, so getting it under the center stand is no problem at all. Would like to see a finished product and a video of this thing working.

On the other forum there was a pic of an FJR up on one--no plate or board. The center stand legs just sat on the outside edges of the disc itself. Guy said he just pressed down a bit on the back end and the bike swiveled just fine. Don't really know, but it looked ok for that purpose. Link: https://www.fjriders.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1496

Last edited by a moderator: