Part # for 07 air deflector?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoSlowGuy

Reaction score
Ok so I was in at the local Yamaha dealer having the TPS replaced (factory campaign) and I had some time to kill. I began window shopping in the parts department and slowly made my way to the new bike section. At this point I noticed a beautiful 07 maroon FJR siting all alone at the end of a row of R1s. Well I had to take a closer look, as in VERY close look :dribble: . I noticed many changes form my 04 but the one that really got me going was an air deflector bolted on the ear sticking out in front of cylinder #1. The deflector looks like it is there to deflect the air out through the air holes in the frame and keep the hot air from staying close to the engine and roasting the rider. To me it looks like the deflector will fit on any of the older FJRs. I next went to the parts department to order the deflector. The high school drop out working there was unable to understand what I was looking for, even after I showed it to him on the bike in the other room. He could not find it on the parts diagram and implied that it was not offered/available. That sounded quite strange being that the part is on the 07 FJR. So I figured, with all of the FJR savvy folks here, I would ask "does anyone know the part # of this deflector?"

Well, since I don't understand what part you are talking about it would be difficult for me to find it for you, but may I suggest you go HERE as most of us would to look it up. BTW, for some reason they don't have the 2007 FJR in there yet, but the 2006 should be identical.

Last edited by a moderator: