Part Number?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Bansen

Reaction score
I'm discovering some of the awful things that the previous owner did to my bike. Nothing serious, just annoying - like Loctiting the nut on a BMW plug mounted on the A panel and breaking the bracket that fastens the rear part of the A panel to the frame.

I'm having a helluva time identifying that bracket on the parts fiche - it doesn't seem to be on the same fiche page as the A panel (which is on the page marked Cowling 1) - I think it's on the fiche labeled "Cowling 2" and I think it's identified as #46 "Bracket 1" (part number 1744432-001). Can anyone confirm this??

Pictures of the broken bracket:

PAB9010-L.jpg

PAB9009-L.jpg

Thanks,

Pete Bansen

Truckee, California

That's not Yamaha's part number, but you have the right part. Yammy's # in 5JW-2836A-00-00

The number you show must be the vendor's own part number for their inventory system.

That's not Yamaha's part number, but you have the right part. Yammy's # in 5JW-2836A-00-00

The number you show must be the vendor's own part number for their inventory system.
That must be the Bike Bandit part number, then. Thanks - I just ordered one of each - one is $7.80 and the other is less than $5. One of 'em should fit.

Pete

By the way, Cheap Cycle Parts price for these parts is a good bit better than Bike Bandit. Total for Panel A and the two brackets (since you can't tell the left from the right on the parts fiche and they are cheap) was ~$76 delivered. Cheap Cycle Parts ~$58. Cheap Cycle Parts also uses the actual Yamaha part numbers as noted above.

Panel A - 5VS-2836M-00-00 $37.48

Bracket 1 - 5JW-2836A-00-00 6.57

Bracket 2 - 5JW-2836E-00-00 4.12

The part numbers are for an '05 ABS, but are probably common to all Gen 1's.