Part timer Yamaha salesman

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWILKIN650

Reaction score
I wander into the dealer I bought my '05 from about this time last year and find an '06 ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR with a guy scoping it out. Dealer's salesman is giving him the typical dealer info, but, hey it seems I am more informed about the '06 than the salesman, so I chime in. Salesman says four or five of the staff did the PDP number to stock the showroom with an '06 every few months, and this one is his, but it's for sale. Wish I could have walked into the dealer and found one to buy! In any case, I muscle the sales guy aside, show the prospective buyer the differences between my '05 and the '06 and get the guy hot to buy. I even suggest financing options the salesman hasn't considered. Potential buyer is about 5'3", so we adjust the seat down, etc., etc., and I emphasize that he needs to get on the stick or someone else will step in with cash and snap it up.

Also, I say "you NEED this bike, you just don't know it right now". Wonder if salesman splits commission with me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wantder into the dealer I bought my '05 from about this time last year and find an '06 ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR with a guy scoping it out. Dealer's salesman is giving him the typical dealer info, but, hey it seems I am more informed about the '06 than the salesman, so I chime in. Salesman says four or five of the staff did the PDP number to stock the showroom with an '06 every few months, and this one is his, but it's for sale. Wish I could have walked into the dealer and found one to buy! In any case, I muscle the sales guy aside, show the prospective buyer the differences between my '05 and the '06 and get the guy hot to buy. I even suggest financing options the salesman hasn't considered. Potential buyer is about 5'3", so we adjust the seat down, etc., etc., and I emphasize that he need to get on the stick or someone else will step in with cash and snap it up.Also, I say "you NEED this bike, you just don't know it right now". Wonder if salesman splits commission with me. ;)
Where is this one?

Don

This '06 is at Houston Yamaha Motorsports, 9559 FM 1960, phone number is 281-890-2020. Ask for the salesman who has his '06 on the floor.

Forgot to mention that they are now open on Mondays beginning at 9:00am if I remember the sign.

Tom,

What you should do is get a folding leg card table... set it up in their parking lot... and put a handprinted sign taped to the front that says.... "FJR answer man, will work for farkles" on it... Get a blue Yamaha shirt and one of those umbrella hats and park your bike next to you.... they'll either hire you or call the cops... either way, let us know when you're gonna do it, and I'll drive over and take pictures... and ride your bike home for you if you're going to the pokey.... :lol:

C'mon, Groo, a friend will bail you out of jail, a REAL friend will get arrested with you!

Tom,
What you should do is get a folding leg card table... set it up in their parking lot... and put a handprinted sign taped to the front that says.... "FJR answer man, will work for farkles" on it... Get a blue Yamaha shirt and one of those umbrella hats ...
And if you can't find an umbella hat...

Colin-Umbrella-Girl.jpg

Now if I go to jail with Tom, who's going to post the video to the web? ;) Of course, if he takes Woodstock's suggestion... I might have to take one for the cause.... :dribble: Was it cold that day? I thought they made you tape over your headlights at the track....

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if I go to jail with Tom, who's going to post the video to the web? ;) Of course, if he takes Woodstock's suggestion... I might have to take one for the cause.... :dribble: Was it cold that day? I thought they made you tape over your headlights at the track....
Groo, you know that the headlights at the track are all painted on and don't need tape.

:mellow:

:lol:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Wish I got a commission on all the sales I've helped with ! Local dealer always is referring people to talk to me about the cruiser line-up, FJR's and Fizzy's. Even at the Intl. Show in Dallas they were telling people to ask me about the FJR.

This is where I picked up my '06. Blair is who I worked with and would recommend him as well.

mjacks, I bought mine from Blair too, but this is a bike PDPd by one of the other "less experienced salesmen". Pix on Blair's sales desk of him carving a corner on the track, maybe 30 years ago. Nice guy, did me several good turns in the '05 purchase process.

Tim