Passenger arm rests for Givi trunk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Reaction score
Ran across these for the K1200LT - pretty cool. They wouldn't work on a Givi trunk as the Givi is rounded and the LT trunk is squared off on the side. However, if there was a plate fabricated to fill the gaps on the end and 'flatten out the rounded side', then, you could probably get them to work. And before you think about bending the brackets, they're cast.

Has anyone seen any passenger arm rests for the Givi trunk that don't require fabrication?

Last edited by a moderator:
A good idea, but I'd be thinking "Givi bracket" rather than Givi trunk.

If you could devise/invent something that attached to the Givi bracket, then it could be used even though the trunk was not on the bike. The bracket is going to be stronger than the case. The "armrest" part of the feature could remain the same, its the "other 1/2" that would need to be changed.

Besides, if you hang something off the trunk, what happens when you take the topcase off the bike and carry it to the room (like I do)?

Why would someone want to trap their passenger in the event of a spill? Make sure their life insurance is doubled and paid in advance.

They would have to swivel out and back so that passengers could mount easily and, as Bounce said, dismount easily even if they hadn't planned on dismounting.

Personally, I don't like carrying a pillion and prefer to have my wife on her own bike. Of course my opinion on that was a bit different when I was younger and unmaried, but that's another story. :lol:

They would have to swivel out and back so that passengers could mount easily
The link I posted above contains armrests that swivel out of the way. It's not depicted very well, but, they fold back. They don't tuck in very nicely, but, they do fold out of the way so they don't get in the way for entry/exit.

Why would someone want to trap their passenger in the event of a spill? Make sure their life insurance is doubled and paid in advance.
And make sure your the beneficiary too! If your going to go through all of that trouble... errr I mean 'trauma' then you should at least get paid for it. ;)

There have been armrests on the big bikes (harley dressers, gold wings, ventures, etc) for many years. I don't follow the news on those groups, but, have armrests resulted in an excessive amount of casualties that wouldn't have occured had the armrests not been there and in place?

Every spill is different. In some cases, it would be better to be restrained on the bike and in other cases it would be better to not be restrained. And, these aren't seatbelts, so, you're not totally restrained.

Was a Wingster for about 10 years prior to the Feejer. There are cases of legs/hips getting trapped by arm rests during a wreck. Some even bungie the 2 arm wrests together so that their passenger can nap on the back of the bike. <_< In spite of that people still use them. But then they also think "rings-of-fire" are a neat idea.

Was a Wingster for about 10 years prior to the Feejer. There are cases of legs/hips getting trapped by arm rests during a wreck. Some even bungie the 2 arm wrests together so that their passenger can nap on the back of the bike. <_< In spite of that people still use them. But then they also think "rings-of-fire" are a neat idea.
The Wing was exactly what I was thinking about as I read through this, as well as Glides and the BigBeemer.

And the reports you won't read about is when people were actually saved by being attached to the bike rather than being thrown off and into oncoming traffic or into a guard rail or other immovable object.

I'm not saying armrests are good or bad, but, to me, it doesn't make sense to generalize and say you're adding risk by adding arm rests.

While all of this makes for great conversation, should I assume no one is aware of any armrests for the Givi trunks?

I know that the original post was in '06, but i just found it. Soooo, it's new to me.

Did you ever find anymore armrest info? My wife loves to ride with me and I thought I could add to her comfort level. I just don't want to mount anything onto the rack so I won't look like a dorktard when solo.

The last thing I'd attach an armrest to is the top case or its mount. You absolutely do NOT want pillion leaning on those things while she shimmies her butt around to get all comfy, and if they're there, she will. BANG, 100+ (150? 170?) pounds on the top case bracket. Ouch!!!

Last edited by a moderator: