Passenger arm rests

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhinderliter

Reaction score
Has anyone rigged up passenger arm rests for the passenger for the FJR yet?

i love this bike and it represents a new dynamic in my motorcyclist evolution :)

the only mods ive done to this bike are for comfort... i have the trunk/backrest

for the wife , russell seat , commo/tunes , peg extentions for both of us , good wind protection

from the V stream and i recently made a set of floorboards based on knifemakers design...

just wondering what the next thing would be for passenger comfort...

thanks

I can't see what arm rests would mount to. They'd have to flip up out of the way for mounting/dismounting, and they'd have to be sturdy enough to use - well, as armrests. The top case won't hold them up. You'd have to have some kind of Rube Goldberg bracket rigged up from the subframe, which would probably interfere with the side bags.

If she needs arm rets, put her in a Cadillac and have her meet you there.

You can adapt this beauty from the snowmobile world, with bonus drivers back rest:

2-two-up-2up-snowmobile-seat.jpg

Or this from the cruiser world, with bonus safety features:

motorcyclerollcage.jpg

There are hundreds of Goldwing arm rests that could be adapted to the FJR:

3717_image1.gif

3466_image1.gif

:lol: ;) :lol: ;) :lol: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
ive seen everything but the kitchen sink bolted on to an FJR in this forum..

but for some reason arm rests for the wife are taboo :rolleyes: i guess i didnt get that memo.. :dntknw:

thanks for the feedback guys :blink:

Has anyone rigged up passenger arm rests for the passenger for the FJR yet?

i love this bike and it represents a new dynamic in my motorcyclist evolution :)

the only mods ive done to this bike are for comfort... i have the trunk/backrest

for the wife , russell seat , commo/tunes , peg extentions for both of us , good wind protection

from the V stream and i recently made a set of floorboards based on knifemakers design...

just wondering what the next thing would be for passenger comfort...

thanks
The next thing just might be a Goldwing. :D Sounds like your half way there with your FJR already.

Put a properly adjusted length bungee cord around your passengers neck and hook one end to the right sleeve and one end to the left sleeve of their jacket, an Voila!! arm rests. Portable , adjustable, shock absorbing and cheap.

KM