Passenger Floorboards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knifemaker

Not me
Reaction score
For those intrested, I have finished the design and construction of what the passenger floorboards will basicly look like.

They are 3-3/8 inches wide and 4-1/2 inches long, offering over 3X the surface area of the standard peg. They do fold up.

I will not be taking orders for them till mid May, but if you are intrested send me an e-mail and I will put you on the list.

Photos are at the end of my album "My 06 FJR" at:

https://community.webshots.com/user/CireL

Price should be around $65.00 for a set.

The boards are made from 1/4" aluminum plate and have a non slip synthetic rubber pad on them.(Production units will have shorter bolts than the ones in the photos..)

Knifemaker

I'm sure you have noticed this, but I suggest you refrain from adding any weight in your top box until you figure out whats wrong back there.

2737932390086768460mCOllr_ph.jpg

I'm sure you have noticed this, but I suggest you refrain from adding any weight in your top box until you figure out whats wrong back there.
Your image did not show up for me, but if you are referring to the gap of space under the rear of the mounting base, that issue has been addresseed.

(see my last post in the "installing the top case on the 2006" thread)

I used a shorter spacer and added some rubber under the pads...

KM

[edit]: looks like the album software allows session-level photo URLs only...... <_<

You'll have to access them using the link Knifemaker provided in his opening post..... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Knifemaker,

Will they fit an 05?

Also, do you know if they will work with the passenger peg lowering kits (e.g. cyclistic) ?

They look like they would give more options for passenger comfort :D

Knifemaker,Will they fit an 05?

Also, do you know if they will work with the passenger peg lowering kits (e.g. cyclistic) ?

They look like they would give more options for passenger comfort :D
I do not have a 05 handy..(nor an 04.03 etc..) But if the passenger pegs are the same I see no reason why they would not fit.

The 06 pegs are lower and a bit farther out..so they report. I am not sure how far down the lowering kit takes them, as I would be concerned over them interferring with the pilots feet...but as they are now, that does not seem to be a problem.

KM