Pazzo levers for brake/clutch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoghead

Reaction score
Greetings,

The first thing I noticed when bringing home my 07 FJR in May was the brake and clutch levers. "They gotta go". Awful, just awful after a five mile ride.

I got in on a group buy from another forum and quickly purchased a set specific for the FJR. Vola! What a difference. I had these on my Hayabusa at one time so it just had to be better. I also installed the longer bar ends off of the Busa while I was at it.

Part No:

Right perch is F-16

Left Perch is Y-688

hh

CIMG0376Large.jpg

CIMG0369Large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, don't tell me they fit. Damn. I traded my Suzuki SV1000 naked with black/silver Pazzo levers, but the 'shorty' ones, and didn't find the stock ones, so left them in place, since Pazzo's website DIDN'T have the FJR listed. And I remember the Busa levers were the same as the SV, so it means they'd have fitted. Oh well. And hey, I used to own a busa too; bought it new in '00, the burgundy/silver color. Sold it after many problems with the darn chain tensioner.

I think the FJR needs the longer ones like yours anyway. And the only thing I didn't like about the Pazzo was that the bend where they start pointing away is too close to the master cylinder for people used to brake with 2 fingers like me, so every time I wanted to brake my fingers got pushed too far inward, so might leave the stockers, after thinking about it. Only difference with the short ones is the stop at the indentation of yours, correct? Or does the 'V' starts further out? That would be PERFECT. Welcome to the forum. I'm kiind of new too, with only 100 miles, but have done a lot to the bike already. And knew it better than anybody before the odo moved from '0', as I replaced all the panels myself at the dealer, with the help of a 17-yr-old tech girl, so it was better than the other pot-bellied guys < he he>. Later gang.

JC

EDIT. Re-read your post and noticed you bought SPECIFIC p/n for the FJR; sorry. Pazzo does NOT list the FJR, but it's obviously the same p/n as newer FZ1s by your numbers, and you have them installed, so great news. Now I have to decide between form and function. THey look great, but hate that 'V' that far inward. Decisions, decisions. SInce I'm going with regular throttlemeisters, the stockers won't look that bad. Take care.

Poof!

There went a couple of benjamins....

But I'll bet they will look good, and the stock ones are turning my gloves and fingers black.

I have Pazzos on my Blackbird. The one farkle I thought that for the money (approx $150), I would have buyer's remorse over. Exactly the opposite: I LOVE them -- one of the very best farkles ever. What a difference in ergonomics!

I got them through Mike at CTSmoto.com in Citrus Heights, CA. For the Blackbird, one of the levers needed a special block machined, and he got that done for a group buy. I think the other lever was the same as a VFR. Last I had pestered him about Pazzos for the FJR (6 - 10 months ago), they didn't have a setup for the FJR.

Looks like it's time to bug him again. To some of us (madmike2, RikinSac, O'Vale, Rsvlfeejer, etc.) CTSmoto is local. (And a damn nice and knowledgeable guy who took the biggest snafu Group buy (Carozzerria wheels for the XX, where the manufacturer F'd up big time) and single handedly (probably at a loss) made it a real success for the buyers (I have 'em on my XX). The kind of supplier/tech shop I can recommend without hesitation -- knows his stuff and really went the extra mile. The Pazzo buy was an easy one, but I'm not sure he's up for any more GBs after the Carozzerria GB. Still, he did do one successful Pazzo GB. I'll try to remember to call him tomorrow.

Ebay has them for $160 shipped, and am pretty sure it's the same 'duncanmoto' guy mentioned above. The FJR set is the same as the newer FZ1, even though it's not mentioned on Pazzo's website.

I had them on my Suzuki, but didn't like the 'V' bend, plus it was too far inward for me to use 2 fingers (like I do). Will pass this time. Was told both the shorty and long versions are identical in shape, except the long version just extends beyond the shorties 1" more. Otherwise they're awesome, look fantastic, have more adjustment than stock, and much beefier as well. Oh, and fit was perfect. Take care gang.

JC

Damn, don't tell me they fit. Damn. I traded my Suzuki SV1000 naked with black/silver Pazzo levers, but the 'shorty' ones, and didn't find the stock ones, so left them in place, since Pazzo's website DIDN'T have the FJR listed. And I remember the Busa levers were the same as the SV, so it means they'd have fitted. Oh well. And hey, I used to own a busa too; bought it new in '00, the burgundy/silver color. Sold it after many problems with the darn chain tensioner.
I think the FJR needs the longer ones like yours anyway. And the only thing I didn't like about the Pazzo was that the bend where they start pointing away is too close to the master cylinder for people used to brake with 2 fingers like me, so every time I wanted to brake my fingers got pushed too far inward, so might leave the stockers, after thinking about it. Only difference with the short ones is the stop at the indentation of yours, correct? Or does the 'V' starts further out? That would be PERFECT. Welcome to the forum. I'm kiind of new too, with only 100 miles, but have done a lot to the bike already. And knew it better than anybody before the odo moved from '0', as I replaced all the panels myself at the dealer, with the help of a 17-yr-old tech girl, so it was better than the other pot-bellied guys < he he>. Later gang.

JC

EDIT. Re-read your post and noticed you bought SPECIFIC p/n for the FJR; sorry. Pazzo does NOT list the FJR, but it's obviously the same p/n as newer FZ1s by your numbers, and you have them installed, so great news. Now I have to decide between form and function. THey look great, but hate that 'V' that far inward. Decisions, decisions. SInce I'm going with regular throttlemeisters, the stockers won't look that bad. Take care.

If you want to sell your original clutch lever, I'm interested.

PM me with a price, please.

Thanks,

FJRayJ

JC

If you want to sell your original clutch lever, I'm interested.

PM me with a price, please.

Thanks,

FJRayJ
Going to keep for spares just in case. :)

hh

For the Blackbird, one of the levers needed a special block machined, and he got that done for a group buy.
The Pazzo buy was an easy one, but I'm not sure he's up for any more GBs after the Carozzerria GB. Still, he did do one successful Pazzo GB.
Yes, he did. With a little help. B) PAZZO Lever Group Buy for $155 delivered!

I'll try to remember to call him tomorrow.
I already have an email into him about this. Will let y'all know what he says....

Put together a good deal for the forum ready to bolt up and I'd be a player. Black.
Do note they come is a good number of colors:

Pazzo_red_blu.jpg

and you can mix/match lever colors and fitting colors as you see fit, like this gold-anodized "shorty" with black fittings:

goldshorty.jpg

Well, I heard back from Mike at CTSmoto.com......... :huh:

My recommendation to y'all at this point is to patronize Jeff at SportBikeEffects.

Since CTSmoto.com is the sole USA distributor for Pazzo Levers, I would put a lot of credence into what Mike is telling us here:

Group Buys are no longer supported by Pazzo and any dealer caught doing a group buy can and will lose their dealer status with Pazzo.
I don't believe this means that Pazzo dealers can't give discounts - perhaps even deep discounts - but I suspect trying to organize a Group Buy is not in the cards, unless a Pazzo dealer feels like endangering his Pazzo license....
shrug.gif

Group Buys are no longer supported by Pazzo and any dealer caught doing a group buy can and will lose their dealer status with Pazzo.
Makes me kinda not want to do buisness with Pazzo :blink: Starting to remind me of a software icon that does the same 'price fixing'