PC V and Fuel Moto

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shroffman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been looking around for prices for the PC V on the web, for my 2008.

Many of you pre 2009 model owners seem to have bought from Fuel Moto, although they are not

the cheapest, or even offer free delivery, they have a customized map .

My questions is, is the map worth paying the extra $, and how does it compare with a download from Dynojet

site?

I just bought the PC-V from Fuelmoto, it's all in the thread PCIII or V in the Technical Discussions section. I told them what I wanted, they asked what mods had been done and what mods were planned. In my case all I needed was to smooth out the throttle snatch, I did not need any more power and had no other performance mods. I asked about maps and they said they had their own and would work with me if it was not right. It is difficult to actually get a tech support on the phone they are so busy.

They did not charge me anything for the map and the price delivered to my house was cheaper than anything else I had found on the internet. I am not completely happy with their customer service but their map was perfect and the price was great. I see no reason to not do business with them.

Hi All,

I've been looking around for prices for the PC V on the web, for my 2008.

Many of you pre 2009 model owners seem to have bought from Fuel Moto, although they are not

the cheapest, or even offer free delivery, they have a customized map .

My questions is, is the map worth paying the extra $, and how does it compare with a download from Dynojet

site?
Just an FYI. I call BS on the idea that FM provides a custom map loaded on the PCV for the FJR.

I ordered from them and told them I had Two Bros. slip-ons. The map that came on the PCV was not the zero map

but it was identical to one of the maps you can down load yourself from DynoJet. To be fair I guess there is a possibility

that DynoJet got there fjr w/TB's slip-on map from FM. I would order from them again if they had the best price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say one way or the other as to whether they used theirs or Dynojet's. The salesman told me that they were going to unpack it, download their map for my application, rebox it and send it to me. He asked very specific questions and when I said Yamaha, he laughed and asked "FJR 1300?" They may still be laughing at my ignorance up there but the fact is that it worked and worked better than I ever dreamed. I got it to my house almost $50 less than I expected to pay and it worked. I may be an idiot but I am a happy idiot right now.

Just got an e-mail from FuelMoto. They say that the map in my PC-V is one they cooked up in house to address this bike and its throttle issues. I asked them this question specifically and they are adamant it is their map. Again they could be lying to me and laughing at my ignorance. I almost hope I never find out.

You can always pull the FuelMoto map and the Dynojet maps up in the Dynojet software and use the compare function to see if there are any differences. Let us know what you find out.

You can always pull the FuelMoto map and the Dynojet maps up in the Dynojet software and use the compare function to see if there are any differences. Let us know what you find out.
You must have a PC3. I could of missed it but I don't see a compare function on the PC5 like the PC3 has. But you can still copy the map values

and paste them into a spread sheet and compare them manually.

I am not worried enough about this to learn how to check. Laziness is one of my specialties! I spent lots of time reading on this forum and surfing the net, then I spent the money. I am happy to say that I got my money's worth. I also ammend my earlier negative comment about their customer service. They have responded quickly and provided precise answers to all my questions. They were cheaper than any other place on the net and I got what I wanted. What could be better?

You must have a PC3. I could of missed it but I don't see a compare function on the PC5 like the PC3 has. But you can still copy the map values

and paste them into a spread sheet and compare them manually.
You are correct sir! The PC-V doesn't have the Map Compare under the Tools tab in the software like the PC3 did. I guess if someone really wanted to see the differences they would have to do the spreadsheet thing.

Of course as soon as I buy it someone will have it cheaper. $301.95 is what it cost to my door. They add a year of warranty, will work with me on map changes etc. Was it the best deal? I don't know. I did look, most of what I found was $349-$369. Maybe I could have found it cheaper, but I tried. Like I said, they may be laughing at me up there, but I am happy in my ignorance and the bike is doing great. I got my $$$ worth.

Of course as soon as I buy it someone will have it cheaper. $301.95 is what it cost to my door. They add a year of warranty, will work with me on map changes etc. Was it the best deal? I don't know. I did look, most of what I found was $349-$369. Maybe I could have found it cheaper, but I tried. Like I said, they may be laughing at me up there, but I am happy in my ignorance and the bike is doing great. I got my $$$ worth.
You're happy so rest easy Sir :) No matter what you pay there will always be a cheaper find - kind of like supermarket lines where the one you're in is always the slowest :lol: