PC V installed in 08

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro

Reaction score
Installed the PC V from Fuel Moto in my trusty 08 FJR this afternoon. All I can say is wow, why did I wait so long? I should have done this years ago. It just isn't the same machine. If you have been sitting on the fence, jump! It was so worth it and Fuel Moto was great to deal with. Out' friggn standing! :yahoo:

OK....I gotsa' know....are you talking about a Power Commander V.... as in upgrade from PC III? What did you upgrade from?

I have custom mapped PC III that's turned my FJokeR into a new machine so wondering what the "PC V" has to offer over-and-above....

Thanks,

FJokeR07

Holeshot exhaust system w/ PC III

Cogent/Ohlins suspension

Custom map by Nells

The PC V has the option to have Autotune or 2 maps that you can switch on the fly and is half the size of the PC3, PCV has an extra fuel cell for throttle %

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always great when a mod makes you smile. :)

Congrats on the *new* bike!!

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
When I called in I actually asked about the PC III but the person I talked with recommended the PC V. It was only ten bucks more than the PC III and it is considerably smaller. I did not have any tuning or a tuner on the bike prior. I skipped the "Autotune" module as well. He assured me they would map the PC V to my bike and its slip ons and I must say they nailed it. It is so much more enjoyable to ride now, really smoothe. No more on/off throttle modulation or lean surging. I still can't believe what a fantastic difference it made. I really am ecstatic with the upgrade and with Fuelmoto. Most definitely the best upgrade I have ever done to any of my bikes.

The only glitch was I forgot to disconnect the 02 sensor and had to pop the tank up again after realizing my mistake. With the 02 connected it didn't run right, actually stalled a couple of times. Now all is well! :yahoo: