PC V ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ant1750

Reaction score
Okay have PC V installed have map already but want to change map. I have tried to download a map from power commander but it will not save it in the map location so when I go look for it with the computer program from power commander it says no maps? Do I need to have my PCV connected to download a map? I though you could save them to your computer and place on PCV when ever? Anyone with knowledge here I am computer dumb and need easy to understand directions. I tried their site but it always saves files to my downloads and when I tried to save to pcV map location it said I cannot save to that file?

Okay have PC V installed have map already but want to change map. I have tried to download a map from power commander but it will not save it in the map location so when I go look for it with the computer program from power commander it says no maps? Do I need to have my PCV connected to download a map? I though you could save them to your computer and place on PCV when ever? Anyone with knowledge here I am computer dumb and need easy to understand directions. I tried their site but it always saves files to my downloads and when I tried to save to pcV map location it said I cannot save to that file?
When I installed my power commander software it made a pwrcmdr folder on the C: Drive. Any file I put in there appears when I open new files.

See if you have that folder, and put the new file in there.

Joe

yes i have the software just having some issues using it.
Okay that helped I have the file and can see the files in thier except if I download from power command it send all files in a group and I can not open to seperate them. Anyone have a map for 2010 FJR1300 with UNI airfilter and D& D exhaust?

yes i have the software just having some issues using it.
Okay that helped I have the file and can see the files in thier except if I download from power command it send all files in a group and I can not open to seperate them. Anyone have a map for 2010 FJR1300 with UNI airfilter and D& D exhaust?
Okay finally figured it out. I see some older posts with PCIII maps anyone have PCV maps that they can send me a link to or email me ( not the ones on power command have those already) if so email me at [email protected].

Thanks everyone

Just buy the autotune add on and let it tune itself.
+1

so much easier.

Now running Holeshot headers (S/S. ceramic) with Holeshot cans. PCV + Autotune. All my surge/flat spot problems have disappeared. Thanks to Useless Pickles for the headers.

What a sweet ride.

I would like to buy auto tune but I am not in a position to purchase it becuase in last year I have spent all my extra money between modified kick stand, lowering bones, PCV, stebel horn, and D&D exhaust...needless to say auto tune gonna have to wait. With that said how do you like the auto tune? Do you feel the auto tune responds quickly enough to your riding behavior? Any lag time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't detect immediate 'on the ride' responses from the Autotune, if that's what you mean.

What I have found is that the PCV + AT now provide (with the Holeshot system) a seamless linear acceleration from any point on the RPM curve in any gear. The roll on acceleration is now fantastic. The mid-corner "snatch and go" feel of the throttle bodies has now disappeared. On the move, my fuel economy at cruise appears to have improved, but under any acceleration, there is a noticeable drop in figures. On average, not a huge significance. The engine appears to run cooler now, with the temp gauge flicking between 3 & 4 bars (Gen II display).

Aurally, the Holeshot system brings back the distant memories of the Honda CB750 and Kawasaki Z900. With the system now being a 4-2-2 (instead of the OEM 4-1-2), the exhaust sound is now out of phase, and it has that Subaru WRX (Boxer) pulsing sound, but only under acceleration. It is different and beautiful.

Score? A perfect 10.

Realtime tuning, if you like the look of the trim tables, then you can opt to add them to the base map. Then as the weather changes you can see how the autotune adjusts fueling for different air density.

Recently installed the PCV+ AT and am still getting a small hitch on 1-2 shift. Is there any adjustment I can make beside playing with the CO adjustment? I thought the Autotune negated the need for changing maps but maybe I need to consider this?

Recently installed the PCV+ AT and am still getting a small hitch on 1-2 shift. Is there any adjustment I can make beside playing with the CO adjustment? I thought the Autotune negated the need for changing maps but maybe I need to consider this?

You should not have to make any adjustments. The reason you get Auto Tune is so that it self adjusts. The auto tune should build itself a base map to work off of and then constantly make adjustments to your riding style. If you are having issues I wondering if it is working correctly. If you just put it in maybe it still has not built the base map it works off of but it still shoud work right casue its supposed to make constand changes as you ride. Sorry not that helpful.

You should not have to make any adjustments. The reason you get Auto Tune is so that it self adjusts. The auto tune should build itself a base map to work off of and then constantly make adjustments to your riding style. If you are having issues I wondering if it is working correctly. If you just put it in maybe it still has not built the base map it works off of but it still shoud work right casue its supposed to make constand changes as you ride. Sorry not that helpful.
That's what I thought too. The bike does run smoother and my gas mileage seems to have gone up a little but the hitch/hiccup when rolling on after the 1-2 upshift bugs the heck out of me and is the main reason I bought the darn thing. Have put nearly 3500 miles on it in the last couple of months so it should have adapted by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you added the trim table to the base map? The more times you do this a more accurate map will be built, then only small variation will then take place for atmospheric differences.

Check you trim tables and main fuel tables, to see if you have wild variances, it could indicate a faulty PCV or Autotune. I had a faulty PCV

So having an 07 and the PCV is not listed for a 07 on powercomanders list how do you order the PCV for an 07?? Do you get the one from Fuelmoto with the retrofit ?I have a powercommander III on my 07 Honda Rincon and as far as loading maps it can be a troublesome procedure on my old pc,have a new lap top now and have not fooled with any downloads.

That's what I thought too. The bike does run smoother and my gas mileage seems to have gone up a little but the hitch/hiccup when rolling on after the 1-2 upshift bugs the heck out of me and is the main reason I bought the darn thing. Have put nearly 3500 miles on it in the last couple of months so it should have adapted by now.
It seems that the best solution is NO auto tune just a PC5 then get a custom dyno and tell the tech you are looking to have it smooth not just tuned for power