PCIII and the O2 Sensor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In another thread Skooter noted that his '04 pops the yellow Check Engine light and sets an O2 sensor failure code. I've had my PCIII installed for >30K miles with the O2 sensor unplugged and I've never set any of the three O2 Sensor Failure Codes or had the Check Engine light come on.
[SIZE=14pt]gunny![/SIZE]

In another thread Skooter noted that his '04 pops the yellow Check Engine light and sets an O2 sensor failure code. I've had my PCIII installed for >30K miles with the O2 sensor unplugged and I've never set any of the three O2 Sensor Failure Codes or had the Check Engine light come on. What are y'all seeing with your FJR? :unsure:
Unplugging the O2 sensor does not turn on any lights or other failures.
Sorry Jeff, my vote is with SkooterG. Had the identical CE/code 24 occur.

That said, in talking to the top Yamaha factory rep at WFO-6, he said it might be related to some wiring I had done since purchasing the FJR. I've done a lot. However I've only "tapped" into one "origingal" circuit. That was for a "trigger" for the relay to the Blue Seas circuit box.

At least I'm glad nothing "serious" is wrong. I just wish the "reset" procedure were easier!

LC

Last edited by a moderator: