PCIII Map suggestions PLEASE!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredder

Reaction score
Hello all!

I just received my brand new PCIII with the outstanding group buy in this forum. THANKS!! This is my second DynoJet PC thingy and the first I will be putting maps into.

My questions......

My FJR is a 2006 and is STOCK. I don't plan on any pipes for quite awhile. For the BEST results,,,(ESPECIALLY FOR THAT BLASTED THROTTLE GREMLIN) it seems the stock bike map w/ O2 sensor disconnected may be my best bet. Your opinion, please?

Also, If I have a go at the air box mod.... will I need a different map or will the dynojet download work okay? I'd like to do this one sooner than later and especially if I'm already under the tank.

Thanks for the experienced feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I added my Blueflames, I was running the Wally Smoothness map that's floating around here on the board. I can't remember where the actual post is, but if you do a search on the forum for it, you should be able to turn up something.

I loaded the stock map for my stock 07. Also disconnected the O2 sensor. As stated in a previous post, all is well in FJR land. Instant, smooth throttle response. All signs of the dreaded hesitation have disappeared. Wish I would have done this much sooner.

Before I added my Blueflames, I was running the Wally Smoothness map that's floating around here on the board. I can't remember where the actual post is, but if you do a search on the forum for it, you should be able to turn up something.
Link to Wally's smoothness map

As posted previously try this link, it has more then just one map and contains other PCIII info: Maps

I run UselessPickles map and am happy with the economy/smoothness on my '07

If you like top end power on your bike forget the Wally map. Or only use the lower half of it and use the stocker above 3 grand or so.

I have fooled around with my map and can send it to you if you'd like to try it. I'd have to have my buddy send it to me, but I can pass it along if you'd like. Shoot me a PM with your email addy in it.

Maybe I been missing this but I still haven't seen any post with MPG stats since upgrading to the PCIII (on a stock bike). Has anyone that has installed one seen a difference? Hopefully it's better or the same and not worse.

Maybe I been missing this but I still haven't seen any post with MPG stats since upgrading to the PCIII (on a stock bike). Has anyone that has installed one seen a difference? Hopefully it's better or the same and not worse.
Well, since almost any map is going to add fuel to address what is essentially an EPA-mandated lean condition, don't get your hopes up. I find that most of the maps I've tried cost 2-5 mpg but that's a small price to pay for the benefit.

I'm running the Wally with my Staintunes and it works great.

Well, since almost any map is going to add fuel to address what is essentially an EPA-mandated lean condition, don't get your hopes up. I find that most of the maps I've tried cost 2-5 mpg but that's a small price to pay for the benefit.

I'm running the Wally with my Staintunes and it works great.
I'm going install my tomorrow and start with Wally's stock map. I can't wait to feel the difference!! :yahoo:

Ok, I have a question about Wally's map compaired to the map you can download from Dynojet with the O2 disconnected. Does Wally's map also disconnect the sensor? :unsure: And doesn't Wally have aftermarket exhaust on his bike for this map?

Nevermind, I when I got home I opened the map on my computer and it had a discription on it.