PCIII question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovetoo

Reaction score
I recently put Holeshot cans on my 06 and have tried several maps to complement.The Muzzy map seems to run nicely but fuel consumption skyrocketed.I just loaded the Wallt Smoothness map and rode a little.The fuel economy seems to be back to normal and it runs well but is this map too lean to run with the Holeshots? I'd hate to eat up the valves on a too-lean mixture..... Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently put Holeshot cans on my 06 and have tried several maps to complement.The Muzzy map seems to run nicely but fuel consumtion skyrocketed.I just loaded the Wallt Smoothness map and rode a little.The fuel economy seems to be back to normal and it runs well but is this map too lean to run with the Holeshots? I'd hate to eat up the valves on a too-lean mixture..... Thanks!
I know you don't want to here this but just about anyone who gives you an answer to this is going to be guessing. IMO you should go to a good dyno shop with a good exhaust gas analyzer and do it up right.

Sprint has a point. There is a Map for FJR+holeshots+stock air filter. This is the map that I'm curently running. It's not much for fuel savings, but I'm averaging 39-40mpg with mixed city/highway commuting. It's a good map and I can upload it later tonight when I'm home if you like. But the best way is have the bike tuned.

I had the PCIII first and the Muzzys second with no change in milage. Mine was set up on a dyno by a good tech and milage when riding sanely is right 50mpg. The exhaust is more noise than anything else and will work fine without the PCIII.

If you could upload it that would be great.Riding this morning I can definitely feel a big power hit.Thanks!

Seems to work well but it's info shows it as being for stock exhaust/filter.Is that a problem or is it just mislabelled?

Seems to work well but it's info shows it as being for stock exhaust/filter.Is that a problem or is it just mislabelled?

Most of them say that. If they have not taken the time to label it properly. I compared it to the stock and they are completely different

Last edited by a moderator:

Most of them say that. If they have not taken the time to label it properly. I compared it to the stock and they are completely different
Cdogman, could you pls list the components, e.g. K&N Air filter, slip-ons or full system, etc. that this map was created with?

My setup will be PCIIIusb, Blueflame perfomance slip-ons, K&N air filter on an 07 FJRA, so just wanted to know how close my setup is to the map.

Thx..