Perfect 5V power adapter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
Came across this and think it's perfect for the accessory box power socket. Very space efficient and includes circuit protection.

41X%208U0uV0L._SL400_.jpg

Find it here

you're about three months too late dammit! <_< That's when I broke down and bought a Griffin Powerjolt. Now that money will have been wasted due to this :p

EDIT: Um, shipping is nearly as much as the item...and I save a whopping quarter on shipping when I buy two. oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patented circuit board designed to protect your valuable gadgets from short circuits.
'Scuse me, how's a short circuit going to harm your gadget? Unless they mean the 12V through to the 5V. Which implies it's not very reliable in the first place.

Input : 12-24V, Output : 5V 700mAh
700mAh? So, if you draw (say) 100mA from it, it will die after 7 hours?

Not saying there's anything wrong with it, just that it doesn't inspire confidence when the advert has stupidities in it.

Not saying there's anything wrong with it, just that it doesn't inspire confidence when the advert has stupidities in it.
Nice! I missed that. My brain saw the expected 700mA, without the h. :)
I missed that too, but suspect a misprint. :unsure:

Nice! I missed that. My brain saw the expected 700mA, without the h. :)
I missed that too, but suspect a misprint. :unsure:
ditto on missing that. Kinda funny though. You'd have to do the math to figure how long it would last

...me laughing at mcatrophy's comment (above).

Me? -I guess at 25mA, I'm good for 28hours ..barely a weekend, guess I better buy a couple of them.