Performance Award on 4 wheels last night

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but this officer was an A$$. Trying to pull over two cars at once is insane, plain and simple. Don't listen to those giving you a hard time, they are just pissed because they never speed and constantly get beeped and cut off on their way to the bingo parlor. :blink:

Good on you for venting, it is good for the soul. ;)

Yeah, wow. You could have avoided this. You made the decision to speed and endangered a lot of motorists, your wife and yourself. Explain to me why you're trying to garner sympathy? Oh, because you caused a problem, created a situation with the officer and have a motorcycle forum to "vent"

How about this instead...stop it.

Thanks for 'name-dropping' too. That's awesome. Not only will the officer probably not remember you from any other jack or sally but obviously that ALWAYS helps.
seriously...endagering motorists? we do not even know where he was speeding. As a former law enforcement officer I can say that many speed limits are absolutely arbitrary and the issuance of speeding tickets even more so. He'll depending on whether the cop had indigestion or an argument with his wife van determine if a citation is issued. *if* the story is even half-true the officer was an ass and has a serious attitude that needs adjusting.

Now the name dropping bit, yeah that was not kosher.
Actually the speed if set correctly should be set at the 85 percentile of what traffic naturally does. Which means the traffic engineers need to do a speed study to determine the 85 percentile. There are exceptions such as school zones.

Yeah, wow. You could have avoided this. You made the decision to speed and endangered a lot of motorists, your wife and yourself. Explain to me why you're trying to garner sympathy? Oh, because you caused a problem, created a situation with the officer and have a motorcycle forum to "vent"

How about this instead...stop it.

Thanks for 'name-dropping' too. That's awesome. Not only will the officer probably not remember you from any other jack or sally but obviously that ALWAYS helps.

What a load of horse shit TC.

Everyone "Speeds" even coppers on or off duty and they have the ability to let you go or be all uppity about it.

He was a fucking nut job and should be dragged through the wringer for his incompetence.

Must be hard to be so perfect, I wish I had your enlightened wisdom...

Just came to your neck of the woods this weekend, so caught this late.

Sorry about the experience, I always slow down in LA, they camp along

I-10 religiously.

That bridge should no way be safe to stop on, day or night. I often thought; what I would do getting pulled over on that long

bridge. I told my wife that I would stay in my car or go to the end, but no way am I getting out,

people don't slow down and there is nowhere to dive for safety on the bridge if someone comes at you.

2 car stop at night, totally unsafe. Glad you got through it safely and hopefully the other officer

was giving him some helpful advice on not doing that anymore in the future.

And dog-gone-it it's good to get that crap off your chest here.