Phone mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can attest to the new I-phones having vibration damage issues. A good riding friend of mine just bought one of the new I-phones and mounted it to his Quad lock mount on his FJ-09. His Quad lock is the regular version, not the damper-ed version. The phone lasted for 4 rides on our dirt-track-like Manitoba highways and then suffered the reported camera vibration failure. He's ordering the vibration damped version of this mount now, and a new phone, but I'm a little concerned that the minor damping provided by this mount may not be enough to prevent this issue? Any of you out there with NEW i-phones have any experience with the damped version yet?

Here’s a better picture. Welded 1/8” x 1” steel then the ram mount. This is old 5 i use just for mapping. it also easily holds my new SE

Attachments

• 16DF27C6-AB45-40A5-8D95-9F17B0FA64FD.jpeg
    16DF27C6-AB45-40A5-8D95-9F17B0FA64FD.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
Drilled a hole in stem nut, shaved a bolt head for internal clearance and female ram ball. Quad lock with wireless charger mount and dampener. This set up has been trouble free and very happy with it.

IMG_5741.jpeg

A few years ago, I carefully measured, then formed a one of a kind solid platform out of aluminum plate (0.125" thick) which spans both my front hydraulic master cylinders (clutch and brake). Replaced metric screws holding down the covers of those hydraulic reservoirs with slightly longer ones to accomodate plate thickness, fitted a large RAM mount tablet holder, my full time HD camera head unit, and a couple +12v to +5v USB power convertor sockets (waterproof) too.

IMG_20220507_144504_728.jpg

Has been stable and safe, no hydraulic leaks for multiple years now. Very pleased with my home garage crafter outcome, but I'm sure it's not for everyone.