PIAA HID Driving lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wondering about LEDs as an option for auxiliary lights.

They require a separate and bulky power supply, right?

And the color or temperature is too blue, right? I mean they reduce the rider's night vision don't they?

Check this out: <Link>

Thanks. Look nice, but bigger price tag than I'm looking for at the moment.
Any other input is appreciated re: the PIAA 1100's vs FF50's.

thx,
If I remember right the bulb for the 1100 was proprietary and about $30. I went through a few of them before I ditched the lights.

I thought that the solotechs were problemed. Weren't people getting water in them a couple years ago after the groub buy. I could swear I remember iggy talking about being concerned about sendin 25000 volts into a wet light. It was a long time back but I know it was something like that.
It's Soltek with one o and a k. I don't have them myself, but did a photo comparo that was popular with FF200, PHID, and Solteks a while back.

Others were talking about water intrusion and proved to be an an o-ring issue that Soltek resolved.

If I didn't already have FF200s or were a Gen 2 owner I'd totally go with Solteks....until or unless Warchild's new test might show something different. ;)