Picked up my 07 today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmac

Reaction score
I picked up my 07 FJR at Iowa City Motorsports today. The ride home was an eyeopener, if I am not careful the speeding tickets will be forthcoming. I have been on this forum for some time, one of the reasons I purchased the FJR , and want to thank the great people that were willing to answer some of my dumb questions. I really feel as tho I know this bike better than any other I have owned and I just got it. You folks are a great group, keep up the good work.

On the ride home I realized I would have to replace the windshield, I had expected that and after reading this forum I had already decided on a Cee Bailey with a flip. I do have a question for someone that has the Cee Bailey.

1. Do you have to order from the factory or can you get them from a dealer.

2. I have read that someone had a +4+3 but when I look up in Goggle all I can find is +4,5,6 wide and + 2,4,6 higher.

3. What would be wrong with ordering a higher one then is needed and not raise it all the way up, seems to me that the air would flow better if the shield was left at more of an angle , not so vertical.

4. I am 6'1" tall, which higth would you recommend.

Thanks

Mac

Hi Mac;

I put a Cee Bailey Flip on my '07 -- I also had one on my R1100RT.

As far as I know you have to order direct from the company. I have never seen them through any dealers. As for your other questions, call and discuss your needs with the guys at Cee Bailey. They will be happy to recommend the correct height and width to suit your needs.

Bill

Welcome to the realm of Ludicrous Speed. For some reason, LEOs don't really notice the FJR, maybe we look so unassuming and respectable, sitting upright, and wearing PPE. As we fly by....

I've done the "Oh Crap Oh Crap Oh Crap" mantra many times as I checked my mirrors, just sure they were going to turn around. But they don't. I love this bike.

I've installed the V-Stream on my '04, and if you ever want to take a look, or a ride, just let me know, I'm just an hour South on 380/218, in Washington IA.

-Scott

thants to all the answered and Scott maybe we will run into on another being this close. Thanks for the offer of the ride . I finally put in my order today for a Cee Bailey . +4 high and +3 wide with a light grey tint.

With the weather we are having today a larger shield will be nice.

Mac