Picked up my New FJR Yesterday!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
Picked up a new '06 FJR 1300A from the stealer yesterday afternoon. :yahoo: I was sad to see my V-Max go (it was my first and only motorcycle before the FJR) but it was time for a change.

I broke the bike in using the "Motorman" method, or as close to it as possible, since I got stuck in a little Chicago suburb traffic. So far there are several thing I like, and a few I don't. Luckily, the thing I don't like (I.E. the seat) can be changed with the proper amount of farkles. Now all I need is yet another $2-3K to get the bike to just where I THINK I wall want it.

Congrats on your new ride. As you farkle, at least you have one heck of a ride to begin with, so you're not lacking much while you're making it your own.

Congrats..I had a Vmax for 11 years,You going to put some miles on now.

I put a corbin seat on my 06 .. :D

Ed

DSCN0654.jpg

[quote name='MSLPILOT'

vmaxed, what model seat is that corbin you have there, and how much did it set you back? Thanks.

06 Corbin seat

I had a Corbin on my V-Max, and I miss it already. Also need to check handle bar position, and possibly then order risers. I have at least 10-12 things I already want to do. Good God I love having a bike with an actual gas gauge.

I had a Corbin on my V-Max, and I miss it already. Also need to check handle bar position, and possibly then order risers. I have at least 10-12 things I already want to do. Good God I love having a bike with an actual gas gauge.
You sit lower on the Corbin,I would hold off on the risers until you try the seat.

Ed... :blink:

You sit lower on the Corbin,I would hold off on the risers until you try the seat.

Ed... :blink:
Good to know. Thanks.

Picked up a new '06 FJR 1300A from the stealer yesterday afternoon. :yahoo: I was sad to see my V-Max go (it was my first and only motorcycle before the FJR) but it was time for a change.
I broke the bike in using the "Motorman" method, or as close to it as possible, since I got stuck in a little Chicago suburb traffic. So far there are several thing I like, and a few I don't. Luckily, the thing I don't like (I.E. the seat) can be changed with the proper amount of farkles. Now all I need is yet another $2-3K to get the bike to just where I THINK I wall want it.
How much of a beating did you take on the trade?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome !

You've got a bike that is just as fast as the VMax, but handles like a dream, has carry space, and doesn't scare the bejesus out of you on a bumpy curve.

Keep up informed as you farkle this baby up, I'm always on the lookout for new ideas...

:rolleyes: Congratulations on your new FJR, you are really going to enjoy this new toy and it's capabilities. Be prepared to wear out tires as you will ride the heck out of it and start taking some long distance trips on it, it will far outperform the old two wheeler in the twisty turnies.

As far as the trade on my V-Max, I don't think I got beat up to bad. The Stealer gave me $4K for it on trade. It was a '98 with 26K miles on it. The bike was clean, but the Corbin seat had a cut in it. I probably could have gotten a little more selling it myself, since it has several custom items (pipes, etc.) but I just didn't have the time.

I keep hearing people say that the FJR is just as fast as the V-Max. I haven't looked at actual numbers, but my first impressions is that it isn't quite as fast. Close, but not quite. It sure as hell is a lot more stable, and turns and brakes like a dream compared to the V-Max.

After the stealer told me that the handlebars were as far back as they would go, I decided to check last night. Sure as hell, they were in the middle position. It will be interesting to see how much of a difference moving them to the all the way back position will make. Didn't ride this morning due to thunderstorms in the area, and calling for possible 60 MPH winds with hail. Not so good for riding.

As far as the trade on my V-Max, I don't think I got beat up to bad. The Stealer gave me $4K for it on trade. It was a '98 with 26K miles on it. The bike was clean, but the Corbin seat had a cut in it. I probably could have gotten a little more selling it myself, since it has several custom items (pipes, etc.) but I just didn't have the time.
After the stealer told me that the handlebars were as far back as they would go, I decided to check last night. Sure as hell, they were in the middle position. It will be interesting to see how much of a difference moving them to the all the way back position will make.
Sounds like you got a fair shake on the trade-in.

Expect only about a 1/2 inch difference from the middle to the back handlebar position. It does make a difference though.

Best of luck with your new ride! You made a good choice.

I have the Corbin seat on the 06. It is a little bit lower but not a whole lot. More comfortable, nice looking. Over 400 smackers but for us height challenged every little bit helps.