Picture of chopped down shield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbh

Reaction score
I have a previously chopped by me Cee Bailey shield that is now close to stock height. I have decided I want to chop it much lower than stock for maximum airflow this summer. This shield is 2 inches wider than stock, Gen II.

Does anyone have some pictures of shields chopped way down so I can get an idea of some shaped. Plus any tips you have on cutting would be appreciated. I used my dremmell last time and it came out ok buy not real symetrical.

Just looking for some different ideas.

I cut one down with a dremel too, and even on low it tended to melt rather than cut the shield. I think a jigsaw / bandsaw would work better. To hide the rough edge I added some car door-edge-protector.

I just put a gentle curve on mine. Not sure shape matters much (since it is very short), as long as it is symmetrical.

Here are a few pics, it came out real nice and was cut on a bandsaw.

Stock shield:

003.jpg

Chopped Cee Bailey:

005.jpg

004.jpg

I do get more air on my body, the noise level did not really change much. I think I will use it for the 95 to 100 degree days around here.

I have a Cee Bailey that was -3" from them, then I cut it down another inch. I know this is a wierd picture of it, but it's the only one I have that is easy to load right now. It actually looks very similar to the picture in the post above. I love it because I like a lot of air hitting me most of the time.

By the way, I used a saber saw, then a portable belt sander to clean it up and some wet/dry 400 grit on top of that. It looks as good as it came from Cee Bailey and was not really that much work. I taped it with masking tape to keep from scratching it when I cut it.

Z06FJR4850.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Cee Bailey that was -3" from them, then I cut it down another inch. I know this is a wierd picture of it, but it's the only one I have that is easy to load right now. It actually looks very similar to the picture in the post above. I love it because I like a lot of air hitting me most of the time.
How do you like the chopped windshield? I'm in Austin and am thinking about one for the summer. Does it make the ride cooler?

I forgot to say that mine is -6.5 inches vs stock.

By the way, cool Z06, I bet it is fun.

Last edited by a moderator: