Pictures from International M/C Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UselessPickles

Making Grand Canyon replicas from air boxes...
Reaction score
I went to the show to check out my bike-to-be. I want the FJR even more now! Only 5 more months till I get mine (gotta save up a decent down-payment first). Here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

My future bike:

fjr_jeff_katie.jpg

fjr_left.jpg

fjr_right.jpg

fjr_front.jpg

fjr_dash.jpg

The color really does look good in person. My wife says the color looks good enough to eat (I had to stop her from licking the bike)

Also, Buell had a couple bikes mounted at an interesting angle:

buell_jeff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude..!

You've got a f'ing young to be riding an FJR....

Haven't you noticed this forum is full of people who have had at least one mid-life crisis!!

<<Stopping here before I dig to deep of a hole>>

Nice picts.

-bvw.

You've got a f'ing young to be riding an FJR....Haven't you noticed this forum is full of people who have had at least one mid-life crisis!!
My wife kept pointing out the age of other people looking at the FJR. Maybe I'm just mature for my age? The sport bikes, cruisers and customs just don't appeal to me, but I'm definitely not sedate enough for a full-out touring bike. I want something more powerful and more comfortable than my BMW F650GS that is a bit sporty but also practical for carrying some stuff.

I think I'm having a quarter-life crisis :D

Very nice photos. You are a smart guy. You are hanging out with a bunch of great veteran riders who can give you some old schoolin'. :drinks:

When you get the FJR be careful....thatzz not a rotax 650 under the plastic! The big FJR will feel like a rocketship to you, and even compared to the much faster crotch rockets....FJRs are not slouches! The 90+ '# of torque makes a dramatic difference in the way the bike "behaves". Personally I prefer the torque of my FJR to the hi revvinn (but less) HP of my for sale '05 VFR-can't fit on it anymore...oldurr age.......

Best of luck getting and enjoying a new, improved FJR. My '06 is simply a better bike than my '03 was + I don't get "cooked" when the temp goes above 70F. Lo 90s with matching humidity and my '06 is just fine: drop windshield, twist throttle! DFO :rolleyes:

I really don't understand why this bike only seems to attract the older crowd. Anyone have some insight?

I really don't understand why this bike only seems to attract the older crowd. Anyone have some insight?
Couple hundred pounds sacrificed for comfort.

Big gas tank, electric windsheild, comfy seat for two people, shaft drive, big honking engine.

All that plus a conservative paint job and you have a power to weight ratio that will not compete in a race and is never mistaken for a race replica bike.

Cruisers are a whole nother animal. Who in the world would want a bike that doesn't have any chrome at all?

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

If it makes you feel any better I'm 28 and bought my '05 FJR last year. I love it! Prior to this bike I owned a '94 Seca II (too small) and a '01 RC51 I bought brand new. The RC was my pride and joy with many extras and custom paint/decals. I loved that bike but anything over a tank of gas and my back was in serious pain. A new seat and Heli-Bars helped, but wasn't enough. With the FJR I can take the bags off and ride with my sport-bike buddies or throw the bags on and take the gf on a weekend getaway. I love it! And it gets twice the mileage compared to the RC. Now, if I can only scrape some money together to begin the "personalization" process on this bike!!

Sheesh ..

We're not all balding Q-tips. ;)

Uselesspickles ... You're going to fit in right nice around here and SportTouring is a great way to keep the missus happy and you happy at the same time. Mrs Flyer absolutely loves riding now, soo much so that she's talking about us going on tours next season :shok: Couldn't believe it when she said that the other day.

I have to agree with your findings about other bikes as that was the path I walked until I came to the FJR. It's not an age thing, it's just a preference. In the end ...She be all good and fun as hell. If you don't believe me, check out the video I made for Bullit of our track day :

More than one squid had a rude awakining that day as to what a Feejr can do I tell yah ;) and we did it in comfort and style!!
Anyways bud .. Welcome to the mad house!!

ps .. absolutely love your Forum handle. :laughingsmiley:

Money! Very few of us "whipper snappers" can afford the "discretionary" cost of this relatively expensive bike. This was\is a business expense for me, as it is a tool used to travel to client's offices. At least that is how I justified it to my wife :p

With the FJR I can take the bags off and ride with my sport-bike buddies or throw the bags on and take the gf on a weekend getaway
+1 Quite possibly the worlds most perfect bike for my needs....with a few more (thousands in) farkles, that is!

If I was younger it would still attract me because of my prefered riding style and the FJRs capacity to make long journies into magic carpet rides. Think you will enjoy the haularsing sucker.

Plus - except for all the old farts that hang about this forum my friends are much younger than me. Especially the women!

Cool video of the track day.

Liked it :yahoo:

If I was younger it would still attract me because of my prefered riding style and the FJRs capacity to make long journies into magic carpet rides. Think you will enjoy the haularsing sucker.

Plus - except for all the old farts that hang about this forum my friends are much younger than me. Especially the women!

It may also be that us "higher mileage" folks have already progressed from cruisers and posing around on repli racers and actually want to take a worthwhile journey.

Harder to do on a cruiser or repli racer.

And by the way my last 3 bikes were a 1986 FJ1200, then a 2001 R1, then a 2004 Yamaha FZ6 (until Hurricane Ivan ate it).

Skippy

Nice shots!

We just celebrated our 16th Anniversary, and if the FJR was available back then, I'd have figured out a way to get one like you're doing.

Having a supportive wife is priceless, especially when it comes to Motorcycles.

BTW, we got married at age 20, so we're not all "old" here. Some just like to act more curmudgeonly than others! :rolleyes:

Enjoy,

Shane