Pictures of my new Rick Mayer seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancel my question. I am getting a Bill Mayer seat and not a Rick Mayer seat. Are these guys related.
I got a Joe Mayer. $29.95, and while I waited I saw 3 weddings in the Joe Mayer Chapel O' Love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Rumble sez:

Rode with these hooligan's today.
IMG_9551.jpg

A lonely little FJR in the middle of a flock of Ducs. Glad to see they will still ride with you! I see some familiar faces in this picture. With the windshield up on your FJR you should have been able to hear the Ducs' clutches rattling and dinging from a 1/4 mile away :lol: Is the FJR comfortable for you? Was the FJR up to the general pace of the Ducs on your ride? We look forward to flying with this flock of Ducs again this fall.

Alan

Cancel my question. I am getting a Bill Mayer seat and not a Rick Mayer seat. Are these guys related.
Yes, they are brothers that now don't get along too well.

Their father was Bill (Rocky) Mayer. You are getting your seat from Bill III (Rocky Jr.)

The father invented and patented the original Day Long saddle which he eventually sold to Russell. It is unique in that it uses metal springs in the *wings* of the seat. Now both Rick and Bill Jr. just use various foam densities and shaping for their creations.

Rick Mayer is in No. Cal. near Redding (Anderson?). I think you might have gone by one of the other 2 Mayers in the family who make seats (Rocky, maybe?)
Oops! my bad. It was Rocky who made my seat, at his place in Ojai. Should you ever be fortunate enough to ride in that area, the 33 is one of the best roads ever. I'm going to write a few words about our ride, perhaps tomorrow.

Jill

Really love mine. I'm gonna post about it some day, but so far the most I've ridden was a couple of hundred miles home from Rick's. Great guy and I'm glad we rode in since the wife had him tweak her saddle a bit. He had a half price sale on the leather when I got mine.