Pillion Peg Location GEN1 vs GEN2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenoJohn

Reaction score
last weekend riding with a couple of rich and famous wankers (dcarver, twn) and their new(er) gen2 FJR's......

I noticed for the first time the substantial change in pillion foot peg location between gen1 and gen2

I wish I had pictures to show, but the mounts are different -and the peg location is substantially modified.

Kathy doesn't pillion much, but we did this last weekend(clicky) and while her custom Rick Mayers seat is working well, now her only discomfort after time in the saddle is knees/legs ......

**Wondering if any pillions out there can comment on the difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 and if it is an improvment and if so how???

**Wondering if any gearheads can comment if modifiying my circa Fred Flinston GEN1 with the newer designed pillion pegs would be easy (seems to me it shouldn't be too hard)

Thanks for any comments, ...and thanks more for any good comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I beg your pardon! I, sir, do not have a crappy Gen II! :p

Besides, I'm betting that you could give a rat's ass about modding your Gen I pillion pegs and are merely angling for an '08. Ain't that the truth, sir?!

I rest my case, Your Honor.

;)

Never noticed it before! Hummmm.....

IMG_2583.jpg

I beg your pardon! I, sir, do not have a crappy Gen II! :p
978pardons sir. I should have figured, your bike seems too quick to be one of those new ghey ones that the wanna-bee rockstars ride.

Never noticed it before! Hummmm.....
IMG_2583.jpg
Yep, that's it .....much different. me wonders how difficult to swap out??

My wife likes the gen II passenger pegs much better.
Interesting, that's what I was curious about.

Besides, I'm betting that you could give a rat's ass about modding your Gen I pillion pegs and are merely angling for an '08. Ain't that the truth, sir?
And that hits it right on the head. Yep.
Well certainly not the first time you two wanktoids are wrong. Trust me when I tell you that I'm going to ride my scrappy 04 until the legs go straight on the trail. Me thinks it'll be many miles and days before that happens.

Mount is different and foot peg position (relative to the seat) is also different. It's a slight change, but both my daughters much prefer the Gen-II to my 05. That's one of the first things they commented about.

Latest posts