Pillon peg extender question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil_henchman

Reaction score
On long rides I spend a lot of time laying down on the tank with my feet on the pillon pegs :shock:

Have any of you pillon peg extender owners ever tried to mount the extenders backwards to better facilitate that riding position, i.e., more leg extension? I know you couldn't have the side bags mounted...

On long rides I spend a lot of time laying down on the tank with my feet on the pillon pegs :shock:
Sounds like you're going too slow and risk falling asleep. ;)

Have any of you pillon peg extender owners ever tried to mount the extenders backwards to better facilitate that riding position, i.e., more leg extension?
No. I'd suggest a sport bike.

But seriously, mine would just fold down, against the pipes and need to be pressed backward and upward to stay in place.. Unless you could address the folding issue, it would be a problem.

Oh well just a thought, it would be nice to get my feet back further.

Sounds like you're going too slow and risk falling asleep.
I'm usually flying pretty fast when I'm laid out like that, not sitting up like a sail, and no wind noise whatsoever. You're right about the falling asleep part. Even at 100+ it's silent and stable as a stone as long as you stay down.