Pilot Road 2 Rear 180/55ZR-17 B FJR Specific

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys....I just put a new set on (the "B" rated) myself last weekend with my new cycle hill tire changing system on the hitch of my truck and not one problem what so ever. This was a dream, dynabeads installed and this weeks riding has never been better. I got the set of tires from here in GA from two brothers to the house for 298.00 the tire changer set me back some cash but never been happier and will never look back. My days of getting screwed by my dealer are OVER in this area. Had 11,000 on my previous Metzlers and could have gone another 2 or 3 no problem but a nail in the front gave me the incentive to put the PR2's on a little early.

Rob

In the past I have used Metzler Z-6 and regular (Non "B" rated) PR2's. I have never gotten more than about 6,000 miles on the rear before having to change it out.

For the first time on 6/12/10 I put on the PR2 "B" tire, prior to heading off on our annual west coast trip of about 6,500 miles. I decided to risk it. I now have over 8,500 miles on this set of tires going over all types of roads -- of which only about 1500 was highway. They still have (at least) another 1,000 or so to go.

I think I have found what I am going to keep. They (as always) handle great, fabulous grip (even) in gullywashers and now over 2500 miles more than I have ever gotten before.

Banks

Guys....I just put a new set on (the "B" rated) myself last weekend with my new cycle hill tire changing system on the hitch of my truck and not one problem what so ever. This was a dream, dynabeads installed and this weeks riding has never been better. I got the set of tires from here in GA from two brothers to the house for 298.00 the tire changer set me back some cash but never been happier and will never look back. My days of getting screwed by my dealer are OVER in this area. Had 11,000 on my previous Metzlers and could have gone another 2 or 3 no problem but a nail in the front gave me the incentive to put the PR2's on a little early.
Rob