pirelli stradas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorkler

Ave U !!!!
Reaction score
I think it was january when pirelli was giving away the i am not even sure it was so long ago the front tire or the rear e tire . i am running pilot roads and have about 3k left . so the pirellis are sitting . How about some feedback on the stradas . thanks .

Compared to PR's? The difference is night and day. I ran a set of PR's. Maybe I had a bad set, but I sure did dislike those tires. I am currently about 3500 miles into a set of Strada's. I am very happy with this tire. They hold their line, stick like glue, and they are very predictable. They allow you the luxury of "not thinking about your tires" while you ride.

On the negative side, they are not equiped with very good wear indicators. Keep a close eye on the rear for wear.

Gee Scab I thought I was the only one. I've had a couple of sets of Stradas and I REALLY like them. My current set (front and rear changed at the same time) are Pilot Roads. I got a smokin' deal on them while I was on the road when my rear Strada started showing the belts (you're very right about keeping an eye on the wear). These PR's feel like I'm riding on freakin' jello. I hate them. I've actually considered taking them off (even though I only have about 2K on them) and replacing w/ Stradas. The Stradas are planted. PERIOD. They feel good all the time. The PR's? They suck. All the time. They have shitty and unpredictable behavior in corners and they are very unstable in a straight line at any speed over 90. They suck. PERIOD. (To all of those who like the PR's, I'm sure they're great for you...but they suck for me). I've changed the pressure I'm running in the PR's with no change at all. I'm currently back to my standard that I've run in the Avons (Azaros) and the Stradas (40f/42r). I can't wait for these PRs to be done so I can go back to Pirelli Diablo Stradas.

The wear bar situation on the Stradas sucks but they just work too well for me to try anything else.

Also really like the Pirellis. In fact I went searching to see if they might have the special deal on the front tire again. No such luck. But I would not hesitate to buy them.

Not sure about mileage, as this is my first set, but I am expecting (judging by current wear) between 5-6 k.

I just put a pair of PR on my bike. They are OK. I am not impressed. I going on a 4K ride starting tomarrow. Mebbe they will be worn out when I get back and I will try the Stradas and see if I like them better.

Yeah, but what MSC didnt' say was that he can and does ride the livin piss outa that feej. Me, I'm easy on tires.

The wear bar situation on the Stradas sucks but they just work too well for me to try anything else.
+1 :D

I am on my second set. I had a 3k trip planned so took off the rear a 3500. Measuring tread depth it looked like it could handle another 3 but it would have been to close for comfort on a long trip. The front ran 6500 and was giving me the decel shimmy and was just touching the wear bars at a couple of places.

I'm running Stradas now, like them better than the Bridgestone OEM's and the Avon Azaros. I got about 4500mi. out of my first Strada rear. As those above advised, keep an eye on the tire. And, unlike me, park it when you start seeing cord, they go fast. Please note that they have an "E" spec rear that is recommended for the FJR... has a stiffer sidewall for a 600+ lb. bike. You can run the non-E spec, but probably won't get the mileage. One other thing... they seem a little cold-natured... let them warm up before leaning too hard.

I'd like to try these tires but, having the dust bunny pockets that I have, I need something that gets better mileage. My Avon Storm front has gotta' go, though. So, it's up in the air what I'm trying next.

A possibility that I will consider, Scab.

I'd like to try these tires but, having the dust bunny pockets that I have, I need something that gets better mileage. My Avon Storm front has gotta' go, though. So, it's up in the air what I'm trying next.
Shinko Raven!

yeah well... I do have my limits. :rolleyes: My dust bunnies... they ain't that big, yet.

I liked my old Azaro's & would like similar love in the future. SR are unproven. I don't really push tires to the edge... but I'll push them just a little. I know what it feels like to twist the throttle full open. When I do need the grip I want to know the tire stick is there... wet or dry. Waiting for Scab to do a road test w/ the Shinko Raven.