Pivot Pegs on the FJR ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillaFunk

Reaction score
So, coming from the Dual Sport world we stand up on our pegs a lot and we find that large wide pegs help with foot support as such. On my 1150GS BMW and DR650 I have oversized pegs for this reason. After a short trip to Oregon this past weekend I discovered the stock pegs...basicaly do not provide enough base for my feet to rest on comfortably. I am considering upgrading to something else. I found that Pivot Pegs may suit both my width issue, and be more....pivotable to meet standard and aggressive riding styles.

Anyone tired these?

foot_pegs_pivot_pegs.jpg

pivotpeg_ani350.gif

I've seen those advertised and was curious as well. How do they mount? Seems like they would take a big bite out of your shin when you're muscling backwards out of a parking spot. You might not need the teeth for street riding, just a larger platform.

Good idea, but I just checked the fitment chart on their website, and don't see them for the FJR.....unless, of course, they use the same peg mount style for the Super Tenre.

My only concern would be the cleats. You being an aggressive rider means you probably like to move your feet around in the twisties and having to raise your foot to twist would be a pain. Grind 'em down a bit and they should be good to go. As mentioned above, fitment might be an issue unless someone can cross reference. IIRC they have a hi/lo mounting option as well? Let us know how it works out.

I tried pivot pegs on my duel sport and didn't like them. I didn't care for the movement. I prefer standard mounted 57mm wide pegs on duel sports and dirtbikes. Just curious why you need wider pegs on the FJR. Wide pegs on a dirtbike are nice because you stand all the time, but I have never stood up on my FJR except to stretch during long rides. I don't think solid metal peg with cleats would be appropriate on the FJR. I think the rubber is necessary to reduce vibrations to your feet. I would look as replacing the pegs with wider ones with a rubber top if you need a wider platform. Of course that's all just my opinion.

I don't see how these would work for me, at least not for a street bike.

I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs about 98% of the time, only riding with peg under the instep to stretch out the knees a little during a long ride. I've never felt like I wanted a wider platform as I do not stand much on the FJR. If you ride with this foot position you do have to regularly lift and slide your foot forward to operate the controls. It seems like these pivoting pegs would just be flopping around under your foot adding uncertainty of foot positions.

I'm guessing that you do not do this, and maybe ride with pegs under instep all the time?

Ohhhh.... Wow! I think I need to try a pair of these!

After the Cubs win a world series.

Or Hell freezes over.

Which ever occurs first.

Ohhhh.... Wow! I think I need to try a pair of these!

After the Cubs win a world series.

Or Hell freezes over.

Which ever occurs first.
maybe try some duct-tape first, eh?
deal.gif

I am trying to get some feedback on people who have actually used them, not get them to come crap in my thread.
asshat.gif

I find existing pegs too narrow, and after having shattered the entire top 8" of my Tib/Fib, I need more leg/foot support for long rides. Normally I hate pivoting pegs, but I dont see anyone who makes such a thing. Maybe I'll pick a pair up and see what happens, as the shop that makes them is just accross the bay, and they do make them for the FJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I think firing off an email to the makers for their opinion would be a good first step. I'm sure they could immediately comment on possible fitment/application pit falls if any.

Sounds to like you just need a better boot. ;)

Perhaps you can take my passenger floorboard design and adapt it to the front pegs.