Plastic or fiberglass polish

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best product for this application that I've found thru the years is called CAN DO.

It is sold by Saeng Ta. You can find it at SAENG/TA.com This stuff is on the pricey side

but is great stuff and easy to use - comperable to HONDA CLEANER but considerably better.

Saeng Ta also sell other high quality products, one of which is called STEALTH EDGING - an engineered

rubber trim that attaches to your windscreen. I've found that item quite useful in reducing buffeting and

wind noise on several bikes, including the FJR.

Hope this helps........

J-DADDY

IMHO, Adam's Polishes makes some of the best stuff on the market. Two of their products in particular are personal favorites: the Brilliant Spray Glaze and the Detail Spray.

I bought both of these products based on your recommendation and I have to say that I'm VERY impressed!

Since I've got an 08, keeping it clean is going to be a nightmare as black shows every minor imperfection. The spray glaze even helped to cover up some minor scratches that have appeared on the glovebox lid. Anyway, thanks again for the great recommendation!

:clapping: :good: :clapping: :good: :clapping: :good:

IMHO, Adam's Polishes makes some of the best stuff on the market. Two of their products in particular are personal favorites: the Brilliant Spray Glaze and the Detail Spray.

I bought both of these products based on your recommendation and I have to say that I'm VERY impressed!

Since I've got an 08, keeping it clean is going to be a nightmare as black shows every minor imperfection. The spray glaze even helped to cover up some minor scratches that have appeared on the glovebox lid. Anyway, thanks again for the great recommendation!

:clapping: :good: :clapping: :good: :clapping: :good:
My work is done here... :lol:

I live in an apartment, <snip>
I'm thinking about going to one of the coin-op places, and bringing my own stuff, using the coin op pressure hose just for rinsing.
Phug - Next time you're at the dealer buying whatever, ask 'em if you can wash the bike out back. Lots of dealers have wash areas and if you're a customer, they might let you have at it. I'd bring my own stuff, (rags/soap/cleaning gear), but that will fit in the saddle bags easy. That might give you a spot to take your time and do what you want to do w/o stress. Try to hit them at a slow time though. Better chance of getting positive results.

You are an evil man Sock...I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff, I have a garage full of various cleaners.....I just placed my order..... :lol:

I have been using this for years on the entire motorcycle. I only wash between oil changes and use this in between to keep clean and looking good.

1181513551-27008_full.jpg

Buy it here $5 delivered: clicky

Steve

Hey everybody it's getting warm in the central states!! I was wondering if anyone could let me know of a good product to use for cleaning and polishing the fairing and other plastic or fiberglass ( don't know which) parts on the FJR. I bought some nufinish for the gas tank but I don't think that is good to use on the fairing.etc. I appreciate your replys.

I have been a long time believer in Honda Polish I picked up a product called Red Eye (https://redeyeproducts.com/products.html) at the Chicago motorcycle show. Seems every bit as good as the Honda. :blink:

+1, I really like the Honda Cleaner.

Last edited by a moderator: