PNW - First Two weeks in April

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
I looked in the PNW Section and didn't see anything scheduled.

Wife and I have babysitting duty in Portland the first weekend in April, we'll remain there through the 13th I think.

Believe I'll have the Wee-Strom in the pickup.

Anyone planning anything near or around Portland, the second weekend in April I'm interested.

john

We will have to get together. I just messaged FJRay about setting up a lunch that I normally do in the winter, but dropped the ball with so much going on. I might have to bump it out and schedule it for when you come to town.

Carl

We will have to get together. I just messaged FJRay about setting up a lunch that I normally do in the winter, but dropped the ball with so much going on. I might have to bump it out and schedule it for when you come to town.
Carl
Quit slacking and get at it Carl. If the roads are good I can do it on the bike with the built in spare.
rolleyes.gif

Don't know my schedule for April yet John. Depending on timing, maybe something mid-way north. Would be great to show you some PNW twisties!

Carl
'bout damn time Carl, now get with it!
winksmiley02.gif

...btw, pick a weekend I'm off, K?

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you should check a Wee-Stro forum. They are probably not as lazy and inhospitable as the slugs here.

April 2 AMA test for RCMC 250,

April 3rd: Rose City Motorcycle Club's 250 Event.

April 9th, test ride for RCMC 500 event.

These are the only things I have scheduled for first two weeks in April in Portland. Not sure if I will do these test rides, but will do the 250 event ride on the 3rd. You are welcome to come along. These rides are always interesting. Won't know the route until March 6 or 16. Haven't done a 500 test ride in a few years, because they are usually long, taking over 12 hours. Other than that, I ride with a group of guys (4 guys with 110K last year, (3 FJRs[or FJ-09 and FZ-1]+C14) that are usually out on just about any sunny day in March and April. All retired. We only give a day or a couple days notice. If intersted, let me know.

Will watch for Carl's post on a get together too. Maybe Buster's.

When the time is near post a date and location for a RTE, as G. said make it make it in the mid-zone and some of us Northern folk may make it. Like to meet some of you folk in person someday.

I'm the ride leader and road captain of a nascent local riding club, The Collective. We host a ride out of See See's Motorcycles every Sunday at 11am with KSU at noon. On good days, we go all over from the Gorge to the West Hills to the Valley. Generally it's around 150 mile ride, medium pace so that cruiser contingent can keep up if the road wiggles. Also, until I'm gainfully employed again, I have a pretty open schedule should you desire company on, say, a Tuesday at 9am. :)

April 2 AMA test for RCMC 250,

April 3rd: Rose City Motorcycle Club's 250 Event.

April 9th, test ride for RCMC 500 event.

These are the only things I have scheduled for first two weeks in April in Portland. Not sure if I will do these test rides, but will do the 250 event ride on the 3rd. You are welcome to come along. These rides are always interesting. Won't know the route until March 6 or 16. Haven't done a 500 test ride in a few years, because they are usually long, taking over 12 hours. Other than that, I ride with a group of guys (4 guys with 110K last year, (3 FJRs[or FJ-09 and FZ-1]+C14) that are usually out on just about any sunny day in March and April. All retired. We only give a day or a couple days notice. If intersted, let me know.

Will watch for Carl's post on a get together too. Maybe Buster's.
Sounds like fun, pretty sure I'll have the bike but won't be 100% sure until I have the bike and know my actual schedule.

I'm not familiar with "Test Rides" ???? 250/500 events?

As things on my end firm up I'll post here and we can coordinate some more.

First thing I'll need to do is find somewhere to unload the Wee

I'm sure I can find a bike dealer with an outside ramp or a loading dock.

April 4-8 looks like a good window for a ride or rides.

Change of plans for me. I could do a ride on Apr. 3, Sunday. I have a coastal ride plan of 333 miles if you are interested, otherwise I will ride the RCMC 250 with other friends. I will be refinishing and laying flooring and having carpeting done that week.

I'm sure I can find a bike dealer with an outside ramp or a loading dock.
April 4-8 looks like a good window for a ride or rides.
When you figure out your apr 4-8 activities post em up so I can see where you be. Being retired I am relatively unstructured other than horses and grandkids. If you come North maybe I can buy you a cup of coffee.

Last edited by a moderator: