Police switches?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportourer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I am a long time Honda ST rider and I have had a Honda police throttle on my ST1100 for many years. It gives you several nice factory switches to use for your farkles in just the right place. My question is if there is anything like this available from Yamaha for the FJR. I am in the process of setting up a new to me 07 FJR for long distance duty and would like to find something like this. I have not been able to find any good pictures of a police FJR where I can see the extra switches or where they are. And I have not been able to find a parts break down for a police model. You can find a parts breakdown for the police ST1100 and 1300 with any online parts system like Partzilla... Can anybody shed any light on this?

Alex Schmitt
Bethel, NY
IBA#364
STOC#4028
AMA#372280

No factory stuff for cop parts on the FJR I know. The few shops that convert FJRs seem to do proprietary solutions.

That said, for switch gear I've tended to go with marine switches from supply catalogs and Hella or Bosch relays for various bit plus barrier strips as Warchild uses on FJRTech.net.

They have them in Australia, sign up on the Australian FJR Fourm, www.FJR13.org Many guys are getting used Gen 2 FJR Police bikes and converting for 2 up riding, I have picked up a couple of Police Radio Smuggler box, I have seen switches F/S but most of them keep them. you will pay big bucks for shipping from down under.

Thanks for the link to the Australian stuff. I will check it out. If someone knows of anything in North America, let me know. And anyone who completes the Iron Butt Rally gets a 3 digit number. My original number was 16543...

The only tricks we know locally is to buy a European left side pod to get the Flash to Pass button. Other than that you can get several small switches which can be crammed into the existing pods.

I finally found pictures of the switches on the Australian site. They look like added on aftermarket stuff. Honda did a much better job with that. But one thing I noticed was the Australian kill switch pod has a multi-purpose switch to turn the lights off, only parking lights on and headlights on. It still has the 4 way flashers as well. That would give me a nice way to control my auxiliary lights. Now, I have to see how expensive that part would be to get from Europe...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 ex police bike switches on my bike.

They not that well designed, they are easy to mount but have a large hole in them & designed to stacked mounted.

I sealed the hole, no problems yet.

I'm sure there are better, more waterproof switches around.

You won't find anything in North America because FJR was not used as a Police platform.
They have FJR police bikes here in So Cal.

I was talking to a Riverside County Sheriff who was on one in Moreno Valley a few months ago....he said they had 3 FJR's.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only tricks we know locally is to buy a European left side pod to get the Flash to Pass button. Other than that you can get several small switches which can be crammed into the existing pods.
FYI, the Connie 14 left side switch is identical to the Feej but has flash to pass...... might find a used one on fleabay.

You won't find anything in North America because FJR was not used as a Police platform.

I was talking to a Riverside County Sheriff who was on one in Moreno Valley a few months ago....he said they had 3 FJR's.
Year? After Kawasaki made it clear they didn't want to be in the cop bike business, the companies doing C14 conversions switched to FJRs. I didn't know if they had sold any or not.

But FJRs have been sold for authority use in Europe for years- first response medical in the UK, and the French National Police come immediately to mind.

FYI, the Connie 14 left side switch is identical to the Feej but has flash to pass...... might find a used one on fleabay.
Just the first two years of the Connie 14's. They are different now.

Year? After Kawasaki made it clear they didn't want to be in the cop bike business, the companies doing C14 conversions switched to FJRs. I didn't know if they had sold any or not.

But FJRs have been sold for authority use in Europe for years- first response medical in the UK, and the French National Police come immediately to mind.
Belgium also..