Police switches?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The '14 has a flash to pass switch. Haven't been able to use yet but can't wait!
Unless the 14 has different switchgear, you'll find that rapidly toggling through menu screens does F***-all to get a cager's attention.

And sitting at a light, turning the 4-ways on and off, trying to figure out why the bike won't start. DAHIK, but I do not know why Yamaha felt the need to screw with four decades of standardized controls.

Last edited by a moderator:
The '14 has a flash to pass switch. Haven't been able to use yet but can't wait!
Best look again, that's not a F2P switch. That is the MENU switch for display/heated grips/wind screen. It even has MENU printed over it on the bike...

Best look again, that's not a F2P switch. That is the MENU switch for display/heated grips/wind screen. It even has MENU printed over it on the bike...
No sir, the beam change switch has three positions. Lowest spot clicks/toggles and flashes headlight! Done it several times riding at night.

Scottie, those are NICE! I had no idea something that nice existed. I think I will be going with that unless something even better comes along which I doubt.

Alex Schmitt
Bethel, NY
IBA#364
STOC#4028
AMA#372280