Porshe Carrera VS R1...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wheew...the site was kinda sleazy. Had a lot of explaining to do to the Mrs... :D

Nice race B) , apart from that conceited wankeur Clarkson...

Thanks bro :clap:

Stef

About a year ago, someone else did a similar test, BUT, they ran the vehicles independant so that the weaknesses of one wouldn't hinder the strengths of the other. After runing several laps, the superimposed the runs over one another. Really interesting. IIRC the bike won that event because it wasn't ever blocked by the car.

It really doesn't matter. I'm going to enjoy my FJR regardless what car is faster.....or not.

Edit: Doh! I just saw the "other" post--that's the one I was thinking about....

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh, going into that first turn, the R1 was WAAY ahead, the Porsche ate its lunch. In tight turns, the R1 was no match whatsoever for that Porsche.

About a year ago, someone else did a similar test, BUT, they ran the vehicles independant so that the weaknesses of one wouldn't hinder the strengths of the other. After runing several laps, the superimposed the runs over one another. Really interesting. IIRC the bike won that event because it wasn't ever blocked by the car.It really doesn't matter. I'm going to enjoy my FJR regardless what car is faster.....or not.

Edit: Doh! I just saw the "other" post--that's the one I was thinking about....
Yea, that was also a european tv show. I saw the same one.

Plus look at the price you pay for that Porsche, ouch. Also I know I wouldn't be driving either one that way so who cares???

It's amazing...all of those hot chicks live right by me! I guess you guys are all out of luck. :p :rolleyes:

Lee

About a year ago, someone else did a similar test, BUT, they ran the vehicles independant so that the weaknesses of one wouldn't hinder the strengths of the other.  After runing several laps, the superimposed the runs over one another.  Really interesting.  IIRC the bike won that event because it wasn't ever blocked by the car.It really doesn't matter.  I'm going to enjoy my FJR regardless what car is faster.....or not.

Edit:  Doh!  I just saw the "other" post--that's the one I was thinking about....
Yea, that was also a european tv show. I saw the same one.

Plus look at the price you pay for that Porsche, ouch. Also I know I wouldn't be driving either one that way so who cares???
was this the clip from the show?

Superbike vs Supercar

Actually I think you can see Clarkson's show on the Discovery channel. I saw it last night 9:00 CST. It's called In Gear I believe. It is produced in Britain.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently I had a new model C6 Corvette hand me my arse on a very curvy back country road. We weren't necessarily racing but I sure wasn't able to keep up with him as he hustled through the curves. I kinda figured it might have been the massive grip and amazing torque of that car that helped him put distance on me so it must have been my bikes fault. After a little more thought, I came to the conclusion that I just wasn't that great of a rider so it may have been MY fault.

This film helps me think it's back to being my bikes fault again. ;)

*Ok, realistically, it was most likely the fault of the crappy rider (Me) and the type motorcycle I was riding but it's still easier on my ego to just put all the blame on my motorcycle. :blink:

Of course it was the old model. Clarkson will make sure he has the advatage with the car when seeting up the test.

Of course it was the old model. Clarkson will make sure he has the advatage with the car when seeting up the test.
Yeah, and that Porsche that annihilated the "old" R1 was nowhere near the top tier of sport cars either.