Possible Bike Club

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'd have to get a better name if we didn't wanna get our butt's kicked when riding around in our club jackets.
[scene: At smoky dive bar in Monroe, a rough crowd is gathered. Auburn FJR saunters up to the bar, wearing his frilled "Razzmatazz" chartreuse jacket, and cooly eyes the Harley baggers snickering at him:. In a low, Clint Eastwood voice, he says: "Yeah, that's what I ordered, a Shirley Temple. You got a problem with that? Or perhaps you'd like to step outside for a dance off?" Fellow Razzamatazzers stand up at the bar in support , begin snapping their fingers like in West Side Story, whispering in a low voice "Razzmatazz, razzmatazz....]

:yahoo:

jetsandsharks-thumb.jpg
Ha! Now that was funny! :fan_1:

Charter member of Los Tres Amigos.

Yo Soy Amigo Numero Uno! :cowboy:

I would expect 3-20 to attend. Don't feel like you can fail at this. My first organized ride only had one of my friends show up. I was so disappointed until he said "It only take one to have a good ride".
I don't especially like runs with a bunch of people either unless it's an organized fundraising ride of some sort.

One of the best rides that had was last year with Jon (Denydog @ sport-touring.net). It was only the two of us. We had a blast! In fact, we called the trip "Silver Bullets Loop Run". Silver Bullets Ride

The other nice rides were the Volcano Run with the FJR group and the Sportsbike event in Stevenson.

Definately agree that organized riding efforts are more fun. I like hanging out, and the tech session and BBQ was great to meet everyone, but its all about riding at the end of the day. I would love to join a group run, probably get more turnout if it is a day long or a reasonable overnight. Heck, even meeting informally like at the Ballard Bistro bike event would be great.

Thanks to Auburn FJR's help, I'm getting the FJR well farkled to take on a good long distance run.

Let's discuss at the breakfast bike show gathering in a few weeks.

Just felt the (Friday) need to add that I have no interest whatsoever in a PNW bike club.
Fred,

Thanks for the post in the PNW column. Just adding to that 28XX number?

Thanks also for the profile that actually meant something. You have a picture of you.

Nice pictures of the FJR and all your farkles. I also created a picture folder of the FJR, but out here in the PNW we tend to ride so we take pictures of the FJR on the road instead of in the driveway. ;) (Clicky here)

Just felt the (Friday) need to add that I have no interest whatsoever in a PNW bike club.
Fred,

Thanks also for the profile that actually meant something. You have a picture of you.

Nice pictures of the FJR and all your farkles. I also created a picture folder of the FJR, but out here in the PNW we tend to ride so we take pictures of the FJR on the road instead of in the driveway. ;) (Clicky here)
Now that's funny.

I would also be intererested in participating in "organized" events in the Northwest.

Fred,

You're welcome!

and thank you for sending me a PM and then repeating the entire content here in the forum (it's not a column)! ;)

I'll try to document my rides better for you in the future...

Okay, here goes. I have an idea that's been brewing in the back of my mind for some time. Darlene & I have a non-profit social club (registered in the State of Washington for the past 3 years). The club is basically used to sponsor dances for our dance students (we teach ballroom dancing) as well as other social oriented events (picnics, single's nights, teen events, etc.).
Just an idea. What are your thoughts on this?
As PNW club members would we get free dance lessons? New Years is just around the corner and I promised to take my wife out for dinner and dancing. And the only moves I have are the Twist and the Freddie.

Here is a short list of planned 2009 rides. No dates set yet.

1. Brenden Foster Memorial ride - to celebrate the life of Brenden and to raise funds, food and awareness of the necessity of food banks.

2. Highway 2 Memorial ride - to honor those who have lost their loved ones on Highway 2 and to raise awareness of the Highway 2 Safety Coalition.

3. Possible ride in support of Bikers Against Child Abuse (BACA).

4. Possible ride in support of Hope for Horses, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred,

I just reviewed all of your pictures. Very nice. How many miles do you have on your FJR?