Possible new owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There ain't nuttin wrong with an 04. I have 75,000 fun-filled miles on mine and a shit-eating grin permanently implanted on my face. I have seen the 06s, though not ridden one yet, and while Yammie did a fine job updating the FJR, I have not felt any need to update. Besides, the 04 silver is the puuuurtiest of em all.

Enjoy! And welcome to the collective!

Last edited by a moderator:
... and a shit-eating grin permanently implanted on my face.
Warning! I think that grin looks like this... note, we don't all look like this when we ride our FJRs.... :lol:

IMG_1447.jpg

Stephen,

You've rode in the past, you have no reason to squirm as much as I do. I just bought a 2006 FJR 1300A as my first bike. Rode it on the road for the first time last night and loved it beyond words. The FJR is so smooth..."It's like buttah". I looked at the VStar also which would most likely have made a better first bike but decided the FJR was truely the "only" bike. I have great respect for this machine because it is far beyond my skills to ride it but I do not regret my decision one bit.

Get the '04, and get to riding. Summer can be fleeting here in the Northwest. If you really like the bike, you can always upgrade to an '07 and get most of your money back next year out of the '04.

Actually the guys are lying threw their teeth...I have only met two other FJR riders other than myself and both have permanent shit eating grins. I only road 20 miles last night and I haven't been able to get it off my face all day :)

There ain't nuttin wrong with an 04. I have 75,000 fun-filled miles on mine and a shit-eating grin permanently implanted on my face. I have seen the 06s, though not ridden one yet, and while Yammie did a fine job updating the FJR, I have not felt any need to update. Besides, the 04 silver is the puuuurtiest of em all.
Oh, and I named her, 'Bumbles', because as Yukon Cornelius would say, "Bumbles bounce!"

Enjoy! And welcome to the collective!

Skoot, you left out the important bit. I added it. No thanks required. :grin:

Groo, where's my royalty check and photo credit? Expect a call from my lawyer, Sue Yoo. :****:

Couldn't pass up the opportunity Nut... had to strike while the iron was hot. You'll get the permission forms in the mail anytime now... :p

About that shit-eatin' grin......

I already have one... and I haven't even picked the bike up yet!

I did notice that I need to get a 'nut' guard. Being blessed with large gonads has it's down side.... sometimes! :yahoo:

Man, you guys crack me up!

After looking at your location, I think Silverbullet may have nailed it! You better get to riding before winter kicks in.

BTW - Some of us young whipper-snappers are Senior Citizens so it ain't to late for you to hit the long road. I promise you, it never gets boring.

Thanks, Groo.
My riding style will most likely be cruising the backroads. My brain is telling me to buy the Star. My heart is yelling "FJR"!!! :(

One of my concerns on the FJR is the seat height. I'm 5'9-ish and my feet don't quite lay flat on the ground. I've owned an H-D skirtster and a fully dressed H-D Electri-Glide.

Plus the price of the V-Star is 1/2 that of the FJR.

Stephen

Did you try an 06 with the seat in the low postion?

Thumper,
I did have my heart set on the '06, however the price was about $15K out the door. The '04 is about $9500 out the door.

Big difference.

Plus I'm really only a fair weather rider. I'll let you young whipper snappers take on the hail, snow and other nasties. :p
I just picked up an 06 and will be selling my 05. I can make you a better deal than what your looking at. It has 38,500 miles, but the engine is well maintained and runs like just off the show room floor. It has a GPS stem mount, radar detector mount and is an ABS model. I put an Olin racing strut on and stainless steel brake and clutch lines. If you want to know more respond and give me your number and I will call you to discuss the bike fully.

Only problem I can see is that I am located in Houston, Texas. Make for a great trip home.

Thank you all for the advice.

I met the guy who bought the '06 before I did. Nice guy. About my age. Been waiting 3 years.

I signed for my '04. It'll be ready on Sunday. They are replacing the left side plate (really scraped up!).

I want to get the sliders and the front foot pegs. Ready to roll, guys! Yaaaahoooooooo! :lol:

Thumper,
I did have my heart set on the '06, however the price was about $15K out the door. The '04 is about $9500 out the door.

Big difference.

Plus I'm really only a fair weather rider. I'll let you young whipper snappers take on the hail, snow and other nasties. :p
I'm new here too. $15k? I have a deposit on an 06 that arrives in August. my out the door price is

$12, 299.00. I've heard of lower than that at D&H in Cullman, AL. Look around; you can do better if you're willing to wait. Apparently, waiting is part of joining the FJR community. Good luck.

However, they just got in a 2004 FJR on trade with 17,000 miles on it. I said I'd take it. Now, help me again please. Anything I need to know about the '04 model? I noticed that there is no ABS. :(
I loves my '04, but I'd highly recommend finding one with ABS. I tried mine out on some wet roads the last time I rode up to the snowline, and it rocks. Front wheel lockup suuuucks! The '06 comes in two flavors, manual (blue) and electronic clutch (silver), the latter being more expensive by about $1300.00

I'm highly considering the Corbin seat that drops the height to 29". Yes, more $$$, but for this bike it is worth it.
FWIW, I have a Corbin in slightly used condition that I'll trade for $150.00 and a stock '03-'05 saddle. It has a passenger backrest and I'm pretty sure it's leather. It's a Canyon (close) model.

I did notice that I need to get a 'nut' guard. Being blessed with large gonads has it's down side.... sometimes! :yahoo:
Whooooaa there little Stevey.... :eek:

That's waaaay more information than I need to know!!! :rolleyes: :dribble: :rolleyes:

Good luck on your new adventure. B)

Well, I picked it up today. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Drove the 40+ miles home with the little woman following in the Jag. The only problem was my throttle hand kept falling asleep... not sure if the gloves are too tight or what.

Hmmm....

It responds very much like my suped up Harley Sportster 1200 custom that I had.

Now, do you all have any recommendations for body armer type wear? I currently wear my kart racing armor (kevlar vest) under my leather jacket.

This is FUN!