Potiential new FJR owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA-FJR

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New here. Thinking of buying a 07 FJR 1300A in a couple of months.

I got a few questions and hope your guys can help out.

1) Any problems with FJR that I should be aware of? I read from this forum that some are having stalling, throttle problems. Anything else? From what I read about this problem, most of FJR are fixable by using after market products like G2 rocker and PowerCommander. I am willing to go that route if they will fix the problem for good.

2) If there are problems, will the problem started right away, or gradually as the miles piled up like after 1000, 2000??

3) What is the cheapest price I can get in south california area? Which dealer? ( I am willing to ride back from nearby state if it is way cheaper than CA).

4) The bike has only 1 year warranty, I am thinking of getting extended warranty. How much is the extended warranty, where should I get that.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. None - runs fine stock

2. See above

3. Shop around - if you live in CA. you should know that you CAN't buy an out of state bike (unless it has CA. emissions on it, and that would be unlikely on an out of state bike) unless it has 7,500 miles on it and register it in CA. Also, many stories on this forum about this subject.

4. D & H Cycle- talked about many times on this board, do a search like this in the search box ' + D & H Cycle' also check what the price is from the dealer you buy your bike from (about $500 from D & H?)

5. What the hell am I doing up at 2am answering this?

Thanks you guys!

I wasn't aware of not able to bring other state bikes to CA, thanks!

I shopped around in Los Angeles area, the cheapest price for 07 FJR is around $14,999 otd!

I shopped around in Los Angeles area, the cheapest price for 07 FJR is around $14,999 otd!
I've seen lower prices posted for SoCal. I'm not up to a search right now, but if you'll page through a couple months of posts in the FJR Specific page, there was one called "Lowest Price" or something like that and it was from a SoCal now-owner.

Don't be frustrated by others posting prices in their state. The CA dealers know they have us over-a-barrel because of the CA specific bikes, but there are lower prices.....keep looking. Hopefully one of the L.A. area guys will post up the info for you.